Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Website redo, once again. Thoughts?

Lenda
2006-06-22, 7:39pm
I think this is the third or fourth new site. My last one was nice, all in black, very "artsy". Now it's back to "girly" but not too much I hope. Not finished either, just a continous work in progress. Can you take a peak from my sig line and tell me what you DON'T like? Thanks

<bracing for recipegal...lol!>

Laurie L
2006-06-22, 10:34pm
Its very nice Lenda. The only thing I would really like to see is a picture of you on your about me page. I dont know why but I really love seeing who creates what. Its actually the first page I go to. I really enjoy readign about peoples glass journey etc...

starsbystacey
2006-06-22, 11:44pm
Who cares about the website.... the beads are amazing. Wonderful, beautiful work. Will anyone notice the website?

born2snooze
2006-06-23, 1:49am
Yeah, I was too distracted by the super beautiful beads! Wow!

I like the idea of the buttons that looks like bead presses. Cool.

Love your new site, Lenda! Very easy to navigate and I love your beads! Great work! (((hugs)))

heartglass
2006-06-23, 1:39pm
Hey great site Lenda ...beads are gorgeous! nicely presented ...I have a site but its pretty mickey mouse ...do you have a program you like ..I would appreciate any help or hints ..thanks Susan

Beyond the Bead
2006-06-27, 1:12pm
Lenda,
Beautiful beads!

I wish I had the talent to build my own site!
Mostly I do the graphic design work, I just haven't mastered the technical part yet!

From a graphic standpoint, if you would like some constructive comments...
there is a lot going on visually, and it is distracting to the beads. The floral background is fine, but I would not "echo" it in the text.

I would suggest a brighter "burgundy" color and use that for your name.
Use a dark charcoal (80% black) for the tag line underneath that. The patterned text gave me "eye ache" very quickly. 8)

Also, I only see the top 1/4 of the beads on my screen.
Smaller Name, Smaller tag line, so the beads show when you first open the page.

I mean this in the most helpful way, please don't take any offense!
Your work is beautiful!
Michelle

Lenda
2006-06-28, 5:46am
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it and all ideas are taken! Michelle, I appreciate your response. Part of my problem is that I'm using a 19" screen and proportion it to that, forgetting to take into thought that people are still using smaller screens. Will work on changes later, thanks!:)

rosiescreations
2006-06-28, 5:54am
Beautiful Beads!
I think they really pop on your new site.
I would make your name a bit darker.

claybraes
2006-07-02, 9:35am
Great site and you make lovely beads. Cheers Fiona