Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Gold Adventurine question...

lynn's lampwork
2006-06-24, 8:29am
I pulled some stringer from chucks of Gold Adventurine, but it came out brown when I pulled it out of the kiln...where did my gold go? This is the first time I've used it...what did I do wrong?#-o

Thanks!
Lynn

Pat
2006-06-24, 8:43am
You probably need to encase it before pulling into stringer. It probably burned in the kiln.

pmoores
2006-06-24, 12:50pm
When I played with some failed fusing experiments, the 1700 degree temps turnt my the goldstone to grey sludge for the most part. Some of the dichroic held up though.

Same issue in the flame, Only could use the goldstone if I quickly covered the goldstone frit with more clear or it burns away to grey. Was frit though, not preencased goldstone.

Aleigh
2006-06-24, 1:17pm
Mine always looks a dark brown color when I pull it out of the kiln. After I encase it and pull it into stringers it has lots of sparkle.

jaylee78
2006-06-24, 3:34pm
Ummm, we're supposed to anneal our goldstone stringer (before we use it)? :-s

Venessa
2006-06-24, 7:43pm
Ummm, we're supposed to anneal our goldstone stringer (before we use it)? :-s
You're so funny:)
I think that is more of a personal preference sort of thing. On the thicker pulls, I have heard that it is some times less temperamental if you anneal it before you use it. I have also heard that the green will some times behave a bit better if annealed after pulling.
But, then again, I could be wrong all together!