Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Help with choosing a torch

Bat Chen
2006-07-08, 10:54am
Hi !!
I'm looking to get a new torch. I want to use it for beadmaking as well as bigger peaces of lampwork. I know that there are torches where I can control the flame in quite a lagr range.. can anyone give me any help or advice? I don’t know a lot about brands and qualities and possibilities..

Thank you !!
Have a lovely week!!
:hide:

suzanne
2006-07-08, 11:11am
difficult question. I started out on a HH, and after six months I purchased a Minor by Nortel. This is an excellent torch for beads, it's not really expensive but real big pieces aquire a larger torch. After about six months I bought a Lynx by GTTwich is really a hot torch, it's perfect for soft glass , and boro. I do have to say the torch is really sensitive when adjusting it, you only have to add a teeny tiny bit of oxygen or propane to get a totally different flame, I really like this torch but I got the opportunity to get a Baracuda by Bethlehem Burners and I can not live without that one anymore. She has so much power , just unbelievable. I can easily make the tiniest beads as I can make huge boro lentils ( 1.5 inches without problems).

I ran my minor on one oxycon wich worked fine, I ran my lynx on one concentrator as well, and on two when I was working with boro . I am currently using two concentrators on my baracudda and she is incredibly hot. If it where me I'd go for the baracuda but that is just my personal opinion based on the speed it melts boro.

There are a lot of people who'd rather work with a Lynx but the baracuda stole my heart instantly. You could try to find a place where they have different torches to try.

Good luck,
Suzanne

Bat Chen
2006-07-10, 2:28am
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: