Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : AGI Update 7-12-06

Mr Wonka
2006-07-12, 4:22pm
Well, we’re getting real close to AGI, and I hope everyone is getting excited! We have so much going on this year that I’m having a tough time scheduling all of it. We try to outdo ourselves every year, and it looks like its happening again!!!

I guarantee that if you’ve fallen into a rut or if you’re in need of some renewed enthusiasm, this is the place to be. The networking aspect alone is more than worth the price of admission, and the education you’ll get is priceless.

*If you are interested in attending this year, we still have some spaces open… Please contact us as soon as possible to reserve your spot. If you’ve been waiting until the last minute to sign up, we’re getting very close to “the last minute”.

Here are a few things I would like to mention:

Program: We’re adding a new “contact” page to the program this year. If you would like your information posted in this section, please e-mail me with whatever you would like printed (e-mail address, phone number, web page, etc.) I feel that this will be a good way to stay in touch with all of the new friends you’ll be meeting :)

Selling your ticket: If you can not make it to AGI and would like to sell your ticket to someone else, please let us know who will be taking your place. We require this for 2 reasons: first and foremost, it eliminates confusion when guests arrive. Also, there are a few people that are banned from AGI for various reasons, and we want to avoid having to turn them away after they spent their time and money to get here.

Surprises: As always, we have a couple of cool things in store for you… new tools that will be introduced, and a low cost way to make your own ______ (I’ll be posting something about that in a few days).

Free Samples: Several companies will be offering free samples of their products. I will also be giving away samples of silicon (If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s SO cool for encasements.)

__________________________________________________ ____________________

I’d like to give a big thanks to the following companies who offered to help out by providing things for you to enjoy:

-Carlisle: They are sending over a CC, a CC+, and an air compressor to run the optimizer. These torches will be on the bench for all to try.

-Momka’s Glass: Momka is sending some color for us to play with. I haven’t decided if it will be used for a collab or a door prize.

-Marcel: Living Glassworks kilns will be available for you to use, and will be offered for sale at the end of the show.

-US Trading Glass: As I have posted before, Adam will be giving free samples of his glass to our guests, and also feeding us with a chicken and rib BBQ.

-Generations Glass and Tecnolux: Kristian and Joe have been very supportive of AGI, and always have a free raffle for our guests.

-Kimble Glass: David Neal from Kimble will be providing free samples of glass to our guests.

-The Flow Magazine: Wil Menzies is a wonderful friend and an inspiration. A few years ago I was ready to pull the plug on AGI… I felt that I couldn’t do it anymore. Wil would not let me quit, and I’m glad he set me straight. I know that this event has helped people more than I ever imagined, and I’m so glad he gave me the “kick in the ass” I needed. Thank you Wil!

As always, I’d like to give a special thank you to our sponsor, Glass Alchemy, Ltd., for all of their support through the years.

Please e-mail me at info@glass123.com if you have any questions. You can also call me or Elaine at (724) 791-2100.

I’ll see you all real soon!!!!!!

Mr. Smiley
2006-07-12, 6:20pm
Hell yeah! I can't wait! :D

Cosmo
2006-07-13, 9:22am
I wish like hell I was going this year. Having just bought a house, I just can't afford it this year. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is going to keep me away next year.

Ann
2006-07-15, 4:16am
What is AGI? Is this The Gathering that I am hearing about? I read it was open to the public on Saturday but I can"t find a date to know what Saturday they are talking about. Also I know it is Kansas City but I don"t know where. Can someone give me a site I can go to and get more info. Thanks

Mr Wonka
2006-07-15, 8:37am
Hi Ann.

AGI and The Gathering are two different events… AGI is a week long event in western Pennsylvania. The primary goal is to promote the free exchange of information between glass workers of all skill levels and areas of expertise; the philosophy is "We are all teachers and we are all students." Lectures and
demonstrations are conducted throughout each day and include subjects such as working with color, health and safety, borosilicate and moretti sculpture, bead and marble making, marketing seminars, and more.

This year’s demonstrations will include: Emilio Santini, Shane Fero, Robert Mickelsen, Lewis Wilson, Bill Rasmussen, and so much more. We have over 30 work stations throughout 4 buildings to practice what you’ve learned or to watch others work, and they are open from 10:00 am until 2:00 am. There are lots of good people and good vibes, and it’s an event like no other.

The guest list is limited to 100 glass workers- its big enough to meet lots of new friends, yet it’s not too big that you become “just a face in the crowd”. You can find some more information HERE (http://www.glass123.com/AGI.html), or give my wife Elaine a call at (724) 791-2100.

Thanks for asking, and have a great day.

Tom Doner

P.S. - See ya next year Cosmo, and best of luck with the new house :)

JCHerrellGlass
2006-07-15, 7:04pm
Oh Tom! I love cheap ways to make ________!!! LOVE THEM! And the contacts page is a very good idea. Thank you!!

Anne Ricketts
2006-08-01, 5:47am
Tom, I just got my invite this morning but I'm not seeing anywhere when this bash is? Sounds like fun but I need to know that date! Thanks!

Mr Wonka
2006-08-01, 1:25pm
Hi Anne. AGI takes place from August 21st - August 26th. We have some tickets left, so feel free to call us if you would like to attend. Our # is (724)791-2100.

J.C.- I have you on the contact page. I'll see you in a few weeks!

Anne Ricketts
2006-08-01, 4:09pm
Darn!! Just got back from the Gathering and have a KFOrr class this month so this year is out for me!! Have fun!!! I know ya'll will!