Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : New page on website

suncoastbeads
2006-07-12, 9:44pm
I've added a jewelry page to my website....could someone please tell me how to use paypal and their shipping so that customers don't pay shipping on more than one item? I can set up paypal, but can't figure out the shipping. Do they talk in riddles or am I just 'oversaturated'? I know its just a simple shopping cart, but I don't pretend to be a 'computer guru'. Please also let me know what you think of the pictures? Are they clear enough? I'm kind of critiquing this as I speak...but I'm thinking my descriptions need a lot of help, too. Is it ok NOT to name items but to just describe them? Also...how do I set it up so once the item is sold, it disappears?

i09172
2006-07-13, 7:47am
I've added a jewelry page to my website....could someone please tell me how to use paypal and their shipping so that customers don't pay shipping on more than one item? I can set up paypal, but can't figure out the shipping. Do they talk in riddles or am I just 'oversaturated'? I know its just a simple shopping cart, but I don't pretend to be a 'computer guru'. Please also let me know what you think of the pictures? Are they clear enough? I'm kind of critiquing this as I speak...but I'm thinking my descriptions need a lot of help, too. Is it ok NOT to name items but to just describe them? Also...how do I set it up so once the item is sold, it disappears?

Hi Paulette,

This page will show you how to override your default shipping settings:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_pdn_cart_overrides_outside

If you have specific questions on making this work for you please let me know and I'll be happy to try and help you with it.

Good luck,

suncoastbeads
2006-07-13, 8:53am
Thank you Kevin!!

i09172
2006-07-13, 1:53pm
Thank you Kevin!!

You're very welcome, Paulette.

It occurs to me that I forgot to answer another question you posed: how to remove an item when it's been purchased. The answer to that question will depend in a large part on the code you using to display the items. If you keep the items (and info about them) in a database then you'll want to add code to remove the item from the database when it's been purchased. I would probably create a page that the user is returned to when they've finished with PayPal and add the code to that to remove the item(s) from the database (or just mark them as sold in the database and don't display sold items). If you're hard coding each item onto the display page (not a very good practice as it's diificult to maintain) then you may need to add code to modify the actual page that's displaying the items. Much more difficult to achieve. Either way, I would need more info to be able to give you any specific answers. And, keep in mind that there are much smarter people out there than I am.

The PayPal shopping cart is very simple and very effective but it's not really designed as a full-fledged shopping cart application and it can, sometimes, be difficult to track sold items, ensure that the user doesn't try to buy five of one item when only one item is available and other similar issues. But the price is certainly right.