Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Raised Petals

DawnT
2005-08-12, 8:10am
Can anyone give me some tips about making good raised petal flowers? I've tried every tool I can think of to get that pretty crease and the outside flat and I just can't figure it out. They just look like dots with a line in the center LOL ](*,) .

Lisi
2005-08-12, 8:47am
Can anyone give me some tips about making good raised petal flowers? I've tried every tool I can think of to get that pretty crease and the outside flat and I just can't figure it out. They just look like dots with a line in the center LOL ](*,) .

I would like to know too, and what tool are best for this?

Rhapsody Fire Beads
2005-08-12, 9:23am
Hi Girls,
I use this little razor. I start in the center of the petal and kinda rock the blade out to the outside edge of it. Forgive my dirty bead!!
For the flower on the Doll, I just use a butter knife to press them gently against the bead while it is not terribly hot!! Hope this helps!
~Suzy~

suzanne
2005-08-12, 12:13pm
That is the one I use as well. I got mine from Amy ( zooziitools) and it works like a charm. You could also try using a dental tool

suzanne

Curly Irish Girl
2005-08-12, 3:03pm
Not sure what you mean by they are "flat" = are you melting the dots all the way into the base bead? Melting about 75% has usually worked for me - then the razor thing. Good luck!

Venessa
2005-08-12, 6:20pm
she's not melting them flat, but pressing them flat while warm, using a butter knife.

Rhapsody Fire Beads
2005-08-12, 6:45pm
Do mean me? The one's on my Doll above, about the melting flat? I barely heat them, let them cool a few seconds then hold the bead above my knife and gently press the petals against the knife, and not too hard!!
Hope this helps!
~Suzy~

Rhapsody Fire Beads
2005-08-12, 6:48pm
Then I add the center dot, press it the same way, and just barely flame polish the flower.

~Suzy~

DawnT
2005-08-13, 8:55am
OK so now I'm wondering if my starting dots are wrong somehow. I'm not understanding how to get them to lay out in a petal shape. They seem to just be round dots with a line down the center. So can ya'll tell me how you place your petal dots?

Shawn T
2005-08-13, 9:14am
OK so now I'm wondering if my starting dots are wrong somehow. I'm not understanding how to get them to lay out in a petal shape. They seem to just be round dots with a line down the center. So can ya'll tell me how you place your petal dots?

Dawn if you take a round dot, flatten it first like Suzy suggested. Lightly heat it and than use the razor blade tool it will spread it out into a petal shape like the pic she has showed you of her flower bead. Remember to start in the center and work towards the edge of the petal, to make it look more realistic. Than cover the center of them with another dot of a different color.

It's also neat to put down an opaque color and than a transparent color on top. Neat effects can be made by only useing the razor tool on one or the other of the dots. Or you can do both. Just some ideas to throw in the mix. ;-)

jessie
2005-08-14, 8:13am
Melinda Melanson has a great tutorial on making these.
http://www.cauldroncreations.com/raisedflowertt.html

DawnT
2005-08-14, 1:28pm
Thanks! I will try both of those.

BarbaraD
2014-08-24, 2:44am
I use the same pic I use for raking. When you press use the point towards the centre of the flower. As you press down the thicker part of the tool will spread the dot out into a petal. It's a bent pic on a wooden handle.

jaci
2014-08-25, 8:43am
When I do it I use a razor as well and start almost at the outer end of the dot, then I roll in with it to push it to the center and elonge it a bit. Then I grab a stringer and pull out the end, I always go farther than I need cuz I like the look, but you don't need to. I re-razor if needed, or encase your razored line for a neat look. Don't melt your razor lol. I LOVE raised flowers.. My fav tequnique I think.

dilly53
2014-08-25, 8:53am
Hi, Dawn,
Just come down to my house. I can show you how I do it. I think Kandice Seeber had a tutorial on how to make them. I don't have the tut, but I make mine in a similar fashion. Give me a call if you want more info.
Gail

Ravenesque
2014-08-25, 11:05pm
from 2005 :shock:

Ah well anyways, I can't make flowers to save my life, maybe I'll try that next session. I can do the ones above, just not like, Lily petals.