Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Looking for a new KILN

mgadesigns
2015-03-07, 6:53pm
Ready to purchase a new kiln that can accomodate PMC too. I am looking for a small one (tabletop). Are there any sales out there right now?

Thank you.

snoopdog6502
2015-03-07, 7:50pm
I bought a new Paragon Caldera digital with an enameling collar from E bay for $650. 8 x 8 x 13 tall so I have space for good sized sculpture.

Its super nice to me, I feel like I stole it. Love it!

deyancy
2015-03-09, 5:23am
Ready to purchase a new kiln that can accomodate PMC too. I am looking for a small one (tabletop). Are there any sales out there right now?

Thank you.

I do PMC and Lampworking. I bought the Paragon Caldera Kiln with a bead door for that same purpose. At first, this setup was great to test out working with PMC, enameling, and Lampworking, but once I decided I liked BOTH Lampworking AND PMC, I wound up buying a separate kiln for PMC and enameling because the firing times for PMC are so much faster than the annealing time for softglass. I quickly got annoyed with having to plan my work around the kiln's availability. Also, if you fire PMC on a stainless steel rack, a "suit" is left behind ... I had to "vacuum" out the suit before I could use it for glass ... Mainly because I wanted to play it safe that it would not negatively affect the glass color.

-Eunissa Yancy

FosterFire
2015-03-12, 5:02pm
Soot?