Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : First attempts at implosion pendants

kentaymom
2006-07-15, 6:51am
I used the tutorial posted by Cosmo to try making an implosion pendant. My bad results in no way indicate the quality of the tut! LOL :-D

These are the first 3 pendants I have ever made. I have had 2 classes and I have had my torch set up at home for about 4 days. I am the very definition of a "Newbie", and I am so loving this!!!!

e. mort
2006-07-15, 7:23am
Hey, looks like they imploded just fine and your loops look great. It took me a lot more than 4 days to get to that point! I look forward to seeing your creations in the future.

Eric

kentaymom
2006-07-15, 7:32am
Thanks for the encouragement! Means a lot coming from you - I love your work!

Cosmo
2006-07-15, 8:33am
Looks good to me. What colors are they?

valerie_folly
2006-07-16, 7:18pm
Great job Staci. Do you work in soft glass? I'm a boro newbie tho I've been at it for about 6 months - time is never there. But everytime I get to play for a few hours I improve - it's a serious learning curve for me from soft glass. AND I was lucky enough to be able to take a class with Brent.

kentaymom
2006-07-17, 6:39pm
Cosmo - I'm not ignoring your question - I just always forget to check what the colors are when I go out the the garage! LOL I can tell you that the first 2 were done with Val's Orange Marmalade (or something close to that name) frit and the third one was Val's LSS frit. The background colors are all Northstar - the middle one is periwinkle, I believe. Spoken like a true newbie.

Valerie - I was actually taught with boro, so I find soft glass to be quite a challenge. I always get it waaaaayyyyy to hot and soupy. :-? I have found that I like doing the off-mandrel work with the boro because I don't have to worry about melting my mandrel! :oops:

I have done several more of these and I can see improvement in each one. If I get a chance I'll try to get some pics of my progress.

Cosmo
2006-07-18, 5:41am
Hang on... Valerie Cox's frit? She sells boro frit? Or did you happen to use 90COE frit?

RuskinDesigns
2006-07-18, 6:04am
I think she was referring to VenBeads frits.

kentaymom
2006-07-19, 12:34pm
Yup, that's what I meant to say. Had "Val" on my mind because I wanted to reply to her. Ooops

Leanne
2006-07-25, 3:36am
Where is cosmo's tutorial? I have been trying to work out how implosion pendants are made can someone help me out pretty please with frit on top???

Swampy
2006-07-25, 6:40am
Leanne, I can't find Cosmo's tutorial you mentioned but Anakin is my hero at implosions and you can see a similar tutorial and some absolutely beautiful work on his website at; http://www.anakinsglasseye.com

Paul

Cosmo
2006-07-25, 7:18am
www.soleiletlune.com/tutorials

I actually do it a little differently now. Saves a few steps, but the result is the same. Basically, I add the color before I burn off the original clear rod. Then I punty up to the back of the pendant, remove the clear, add the loop, etc....