Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : LOL, I changed it again....

Lenda
2006-07-16, 10:43am
I didn't like the other site I made, too girly and froo froo for me after a couple of weeks. So it's back to artistic and clean BLACK.

See any typo's, links that don't work? And do you like it better now? I am making it on a 17" screen, I thought about making it for smaller screens and haven't. For those of you that do have smaller screens, does it look bad? Do you have to scroll across or something? Anything you see if you use a smaller screen, please let me know.

I'm not sure how to make it look ok in both size screens without making it one way or the other, Large or small. Any hints on that aspect is appreciated too.

Thanks for looking again, I appreciate the extra eyes!

The links in my siggy line.

wildwire
2006-07-16, 10:48am
I like it! It looks really good.....

Beyond the Bead
2006-07-17, 10:00am
Lenda,
I really like the new site. The black is really good!
Much easier to read (no headache at all!!) and very professional looking. Great showcase for your beautiful beads!

:poke:
So, how "nit-picky" would you like us to be??? :lol:
Michelle

Lenda
2006-07-17, 6:10pm
Lenda,
I really like the new site. The black is really good!
Much easier to read (no headache at all!!) and very professional looking. Great showcase for your beautiful beads!

:poke:
So, how "nit-picky" would you like us to be??? :lol:
Michelle
VERY. I learned how to build my site myself, but I just don't pick up on stuff like I should. I know when I visit some sites they just knock my socks off instantly and I don't feel that with mine, haven't with any of mine yet. So I'm forever striving to perfect it and "nit-picky" is good for me. :-D

So fire away. All of the input and advice is wanted. I like some things but I want to know what others would like when they visit, to me that's more important than what I see, what YOU see or what you need to see.

Well dang Michelle, I just went to your site and love it. I love how you have it all on a smaller table in the middle and it stays that way no matter what they look at, well except when you take in a whole collection, but still, it's streamlined. BEAUTIFUL!

SheilaM
2006-07-18, 1:51pm
i like your site!
i did see a typo:
"you'll fine finely crafted...."
i think you meant to say "find"

anyway,
good work!
Sheila

Lenda
2006-07-18, 3:52pm
Thanks Sheila for the extra eyes, just fixed it! Even though I read it, I didn't see that!:-\" :biggrin:

I centered the pages so I think that might help in the screen size problem, I'm not sure how I'll fix the layout of the bead page now though. Back to the drawing board!

Nonie
2006-07-22, 6:59pm
Very nice Lenda....I like it. Sophisticated

Livonia Glass Studio
2006-07-28, 10:05am
Hi Lenda... nice site! I did notice on your home page that the second and third text paragraphs need to be capitalized.

Also, on your bio page, the words "to me" have no space between them. Then farther down the "2" needs a space as well.

The link back to the home page is broken (from bio).

I love the look. It's similar to what I've been thinking about making up for myself.

Lenda
2006-07-29, 8:53pm
Hi Nonie and Shelly. Thanks, and Shelly, I fixed the typos that you found. I appreciate it. I changed the font to a darker shade of gray, but I'm not sure I like it or that's it's any easier to read. Not sure about the font I'm using on the Bio page where there's quite a bit of typing.

I appreciate the ideas and looking for the mistakes. Thanks so much to those of you that wrote.:)

Livonia Glass Studio
2006-07-30, 11:38am
Hi Nonie and Shelly. Thanks, and Shelly, I fixed the typos that you found. I appreciate it. I changed the font to a darker shade of gray, but I'm not sure I like it or that's it's any easier to read. Not sure about the font I'm using on the Bio page where there's quite a bit of typing.

I appreciate the ideas and looking for the mistakes. Thanks so much to those of you that wrote.:)

You're welcome! Did you make that website yourself? I'm learning Microsoft Frontpage and plan to put up a site with it.

What type of shopping cart system you use? I'm considering using Paypal's cart, since I'll be using them to take credit cards anyway. Any suggestions?

Lenda
2006-08-01, 5:02pm
You're welcome! Did you make that website yourself? I'm learning Microsoft Frontpage and plan to put up a site with it.

What type of shopping cart system you use? I'm considering using Paypal's cart, since I'll be using them to take credit cards anyway. Any suggestions?
Shelly, I did make my site using FrontPage 2002. I know a lot of people don't like FP, but I don't think mine's horrible for using it. It's fairly easy and maybe one day I'll go do DreamWeaver, but right now I'm not sure what it would improve by using it.

I am using Paypal's cart and love it. The only down side is if you have a stampede buying on your site, once an item sells it doesn't self remove or mark it'self sold, so you could, during a stamped, sell more than one of an item unless you stay on top of it and go in and manually mark it sold.

I just made my own button for it and use that, there's a place on Paypal to use your own jpg if you want. I love it and have used it for about 3 years now.

Just make sure that the host you use has FrontPage extensions. It's what makes parts of FP work, although amost all of them have it. I use Powweb.com for a host and love them. I pay $96 a year.

Good luck with yours. It's not easy learning on your own, but you really need to know how so you can make changes yourself instead of waiting for someone to come by and help you.

gwacie
2006-08-07, 8:36am
Guess I missed the main changes you made (away from black) but I really like your site with the black and gold tones anyway. I always thought it was an elegant feel and I love the scripty font you've used.

Guess my only desire would be to have a bit more eye candy sooner in the process for like the jewelry page (have to click down two levels). I love the gold bullion like cart button too!

Aja
2006-08-07, 9:33am
Nice clean layout and your ojime beads are a knockout! Absolutely beautiful work- do you teach any classes on how to do ojime? Your dragonfly is tempting me- too bad I already spent my glass allowance this month :doubt: Aja

MaryBeth
2006-08-08, 3:06pm
I love it, Lenda! But I am partial to the black.....

Lenda
2006-08-08, 6:17pm
Hey Bethany and MaryBeth. Nice to see you two again, and thank you very much! I tried pink, roses and poofy but I just couldn't take it. While I liked it and it's me, it just didn't cut it for my site. I'm partial to the black too.:grin:

Hi Aja, nice to meet you too. Sorry to say that I have never taught a class and probably never will, well can't say never ever can we? ;-) I took a class from Loren Stump and learned Ojime. They were my favorite things to do. Unfortunately since taking on a corporate job, I get on the torch very little right now. Sucks big time, b ut my studio/gallery is almost finished with showcases (almost like a small gallery even ) and I might just make myself torch despite the 9-6. If you get a chance to just play with some ivory, see what it does for you. Just remember, it stays gooey for a long time, it's easy to melt in what you worked so hard to keep raised, but after that it's a piece of cake. :lol: