Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Blowing Stained Glass

Rose Leslie
2005-08-13, 7:26pm
I just tried to do this. It is so unusual to do. Have to really get it hot like boro. A little finiky but works. A very unusual piece to say the least. Very impresionistic. I will take it out of the kiln in the morning and show every one. Oh I wish I had boro. Any way does any one else do this. :?:
I think it is just something different. Have to try something to expand the glass mind. Ha! :D

Rose Leslie
2005-08-14, 7:13pm
Ok I tried this and it works. Just need a hotter torch to do this like it should be. It looks more like it hasn't been blown but it has. It is a little tougher than what I though it would be. Here is a photo.

Lisi
2005-08-15, 8:10am
A lot of the stained glass has a COE of 90 or 96, and of course is stiffer and can shatter easier while trying work it if you're not constantly keeping it hot. That's what I really love about the Mini CC because the radiant heat that it puts out keeps things toasty when they are not in the flame. I made a 30mm sculpted rose from an Effetre transparent, and no shock and shatter, I was amazed. I had to keep the petals out of direct heat or they would have lost their shape quite easily. I haven't tried to make one with any other COE glass yet, but I'm confident that it will work.

What color is it, an opaque dark red, or reddish brown? I've never tried blowing glass, and would love to! Yeah, I will have to search the tutorials, because I have no idea of where to start. :rolleyes:

Rose Leslie
2005-08-15, 9:07am
It has brown and mostly streaky red in it. I think it has alot of reduction in it. I have made bead with the stained glass. Will have to try with the soft glass. I will hae to make sure to have a blob of glass at the end of a mandrel for this though and soft pufs. Will see if that works. Yes I would love to have a hotter torch to do stuff. But will have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully in the near future.