Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Momka's Open Torch Day Aug 13.

LAG
2006-07-18, 3:56pm
Momka's Glass is having an open torch day on Aug 13th the day after Mike Frantz bash. Artists demonstrating, sale on experimental glass, raffle, food, etc. Loads of fun. Everyone is welcome. check here for details:

http://www.momkasglass.com/

Gail Joseph
2006-07-18, 8:12pm
I'll be in Seattle from next Weds. night through the following Monday night...Do they allow visitors (read shoppers) at other times? My first time to the Pacific Northwest, and so much glass to visit (well, buy)....Gail

LAG
2006-07-18, 10:02pm
Oh my gosh, YES! Do go by their shop. Anyone is welcome to the Open Torch and Momka always welcomes any person to stop in at the shop to say hello at anytime. It would be a great opportunity to meet a lot of people in the glass world. And you will adore Momka. She is a sweetie so don't be afraid to introduce yourself.....

Janelle Zorko
2006-07-27, 10:19pm
Larry (Brickman) and I plan on being there. Momka's get togethers are always a ton of fun and a great way to see her new colors!

Janelle

Kris-%
2006-07-29, 4:44pm
sounds like fun

LAG
2006-08-07, 8:01am
This event continues to grow. I understand Didi will be there now and things always go well where ever she is.. Didi is a very vivacious and outgoing person.

There will be lots of torches set up there for all types of torchwork..beadmaking to chandeliers!!! I am wondering if James Minson will be there. He never seems to miss any of Momka's events...

And now I see Larry Brickman will be there. Bet we can get him to torch....

weegems
2006-08-08, 10:12am
Hey there! I am planning on going. What time is the event? I didn't see a time, but that could just be me :lol:

jason mcghee
2006-08-09, 12:32am
I'm for sure going to be there. I'll most likely do a marble demo....
then it's off to AGI. cant wait to meet you all, and to see some i already know...

LAG
2006-08-09, 7:13am
Hi Jas, will be good to see you again. For those that don't know Jason, he is a very lovable guy willing to help out anyone with their glass work if he can. Come pic his brain and admire his awesome glass art.

I would think that 10:00 would be a safe time to appear....I plan to talk to Sabina and Momka to see we have some coated mandrels available for us beadmakers that want to play. Knowing them, I am sure this is already taken care of. Momka is very excited about us beadmakers becoming more involved in the boro world.

So you fellow beadmakers, let's give her a big showing in honor of her truly awesome glass. AND take advantage of the extra knowledge we will have available with the demos provided by other great boro artists!!!

I can't believe I am moving away from all this !! But not THAT far away.....

A_Glass_Bash
2006-08-13, 1:49am
I wanna go... :( But I have guests that have to go to the Trainstation and the other sets leaving some time shortly after that... I WILL get to one of those darn open houses though!!

LAG
2006-08-13, 7:32am
If anyone is having trouble getting Silver Dance to strike for beads, come by and ask. I will help you out what I can. We will have some mandrels set up for us beadmakers.
And for those interested, I bet we can get Sabina or someone to do demo on hollow boro blown beads.....
See ya all there!!!

eyecandyarts
2006-08-14, 5:31pm
http://www.glassartists.org/Gal20996_2006_-_Frantz_Bash_and_Momka_s_Open_House.asp

It was a good time! I wish I had taken more pics, but I was running around and buying supplies most of the time between vending and demos. Hopefully more people will post pictures too.

The Frantz Bash was busy! Lots of people, and I even made some sales! The demos' were great and it was great to meet some new faces and well as see some old...

Momka's Open House on Sunday was great fun too! Good food, fun demo's, and lots of experimental canes and colors to try out.