Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Here's what happens when you hoard beads. The cover of Artisan Jewelry Times!

HannahRachel
2017-02-01, 7:58pm
Its true. I have a fringe issue and a bead hoarding issue. I pretend that I can quit anytime I want, but I probably can't. I also pretend that its completely under control and that I don't quit because I don't WANT to quit, but when I started reworking my old tutorials, I could have just 'fessed up and said that I was just going to remake samples for all of my older tutorials WITH MORE FRINGE.

Anyhow, so when Karen Leonardo and Diane Woodall asked me to write a tutorial for the February issue of Artisan Jewelry Times I thought I'd try for something beginning level and without fringe. And there I remained, stuck FOR MONTHS.

I tried a macrame bracelet. And scrapped it.
I tried a braided bracelet. And scrapped it.
I tried a steampunk style necklace with some handmade beads. It was UGLY.

So I finally did what any crazy bead lady does when faced with a lack of inspiration and took out a cabochon Jodie McDougall gave me years ago and I've been hiding away to make something just for myself and decided to make something just for me.

But of course first I had to go bead shopping because this thing for me was going to have fringe and I didn't have the right beads! When it was done, I looked at it and thought, well, I'm not sure why I was making this so difficult. This thing is my current FAVORITE thing and it can be a tutorial. And so... here it is. The cover tutorial for the February issue of Artisan Jewelry Times!
You can get your magazine delivered right to your mailbox - its available for subscription at https://artisanjewelrytimes.com/
Back issues (if you are reading this after February 2017) are available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtisanJewelryTimes

Sue in Maine
2017-02-10, 9:56am
Congrats, Hannah. What a beautiful creation.

Sue

pittypat
2017-02-10, 5:17pm
I have loved watching you over the past 10 years or so...........such beautiful work from a very beautiful person. You are the reason I just subscribed to AJT and am so glad I did!

HannahRachel
2017-02-14, 10:06am
Hi Sue! Thank you!

Pat - You will continue to be delighted by Artisan Jewelry Times. The magazine is fantastic. Thanks so much for your kind words!