Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Need a review on Doug R's new video/dvd

Venbead
2005-08-17, 9:06am
Has anyone purchased Doug Remschneider's new pendant video/DVD? iS IS GOOD? Are all of the pendants that are featured on the cover in the vid? Would you spend the money again? Thanks I think I need this

krista michael
2005-08-17, 9:48am
I didn't know he had a new video out. Where can you get it? How much is it?

Venbead
2005-08-17, 10:06am
yes it came out in june and you can get it on his web site the DVD is $50 www.remschneiderglass.com Has anyone seen it???

flamewerks
2005-08-17, 10:18am
The ad says he demonstrates 10 pendants in hard and soft glass, including a turtle. He also provides recipes for colors. If this video is anything like his previous two videos, it would definitely be worth the money. Heck, just the recipes are worth a goodly chunk of change. :)

-Mona

MikeAurelius
2005-08-17, 10:21am
OK - keep in mind that I'm biased as I sell Doug's video -- that said -- I learned more from this video than from the previous one, and that's saying a lot.

It's great, it's fantastic, and it has techniques for both soft and boro, and the techniques can be crossed back and forth.

You won't regret it.

Venbead
2005-08-17, 10:58am
Thank you mike I know you are biased but if you didn't like it i trust you would have just not bothered replying. I'll check out your site for it. BTW just got my boro glasses this week and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. thanks

MikeAurelius
2005-08-17, 11:57am
Thanks for the 'vote of confidence' Paula - I appreciate it. You are correct, I'd have kept my fingers in my pocket. I'm fairly criticial when it comes to videos - I've seen a bunch, and there are good ones and bad ones out there.

Dougies videos are very well filmed, well narrated, and well edited. I do recommend them highly, even if you are a tried and true "professional" lampworker. You can always learn something by watching another person work, even if you never try the techniques presented, just being exposed to doing things different can have a huge effect on not only your productivity, but your imagination as well.

That's the way the first video affected me - I became a much better beadmaker, and an excellent (at least in my mind) cane maker.

Venbead
2005-08-17, 1:58pm
Mike you just reminded me how much I used to like calvin and hobbes with your avatar. I'm going to go quote him in my signature.
thanks for the advice on the new vid. Boro magic gave me the confidence to try Boro. I'm looking forward to the new one.