Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : ogsi og-15 what is your opinion?

Leanne
2006-08-05, 10:36pm
Hi,
I was just wondering what peoples opinions are of the og-15 I have one and it only just runs my minor....I am wondering if I haven't got it set up properly because I don't think it is very powerful....
What sort of torch should they be able to run?
My one makes the flame go up and down up and down and surges constantly. Once it has been on for quite awhile it is better but still not great.
Mine is brand new. Should it be like this? I am thinking of getting rid of it!

jokersdesign
2006-08-05, 11:15pm
You should of gotten an OG-20.

You really cant run larger torches and full power other then torches the size of a minor.

For the money you would of been better of getting 2 oxygen concentrators from http://www.oxygenplusmedical.com/

lluviabrito
2006-08-05, 11:58pm
I use an OG-15 with my beth barracuda, but after a few months I gave up trying to run the outer flame because my colors were getting murky. I think the og-15 would be good with the new beth betta? but not really with something as big as a barracuda. I would think a minor should run really well on the OG-15, sounds like a technical problem with the unit?

I did have my flame surging for a while, but I figured out it was because my Propane psi was too low, anything under 4 doesn't seem to work for me. otherwise your flame shouldn't be surging. If it keeps happening I would call them up and talk to someone familiar with torches and whatnot...

Leanne
2006-08-06, 1:16am
I actually have it sitting here and went out and got an oxy bottle.
The person told me to turn up the propane psi and I thought he was nuts and didn't try it because it didn't make sense at the time. Now that you have told me to do it I might pull the hose off the regulator and connect it up to the concentrator and give it another go turning up the propane psi. If you have a barra running off it there should be NO problem with the minor thats why I don't get what is wrong with it.
It is actually a mid-range plus with a minor top, I have never botthered to try it with the midrange.
By the way Lluvia I am also 23 and I wish I started when I was 13 like you! I only started when I was 22 but I am getting there! There isn't a huge amount of us Young'uns making beads. Your flower pendants are awesome!

pam
2006-08-06, 5:43am
If you don't have any luck after turning up your propane, give Fred a call at OGSI. The 15 should run your Minor perfectly, so there is definitely something wrong and I am sure Fred will be able to help you.

lluviabrito
2006-08-06, 10:09am
oh yeah, I forgot to mention when my OG-15 was first shipped to me something had come loose in the altitude changes/travel. It wasn't working how I thought it would and I called Fred and he knew exactly what part needed to be tweaked! He is the perfect person to talk to if you have a problem.

I'm glad to see more and more young folk getting into lampworking, It seems like all of the new lampworkers are really developing cool new styles all their own! I guess after 10 years I'm kinda an old fart when it comes to bead-making :lol:

kbinkster
2006-08-06, 12:53pm
If you don't have any luck after turning up your propane, give Fred a call at OGSI. The 15 should run your Minor perfectly, so there is definitely something wrong and I am sure Fred will be able to help you.
I second that.

Setting a propane regulator too low can cause fluctuations and surges. So, that would be the first thing to check.

Running a concentrator does not necessitate setting the propane regulator to a low psi. You control the amount of propane that gets to your torch with the propane valve.

And like Pam and Lluvia said, if it doesn't clear up after that, contact Fred Morgan. He is a nice guy and is very helpful.

miaou
2006-08-06, 11:44pm
hello everybody

I use an OG-15 with my Lynx. I used them for over 600 hours without any problem and I'm still not over. I think it is a great oxy generator. I wish there is a way to get them less noisy...that is the only point
Sarah

castaway
2006-08-07, 12:30am
I have had an OG15 for several years now and it will run 2 Minors or my Lynx, I think you should contact Fred at OGSI and have a talk to him.
B