Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : terminology

murielduval
2006-08-15, 5:53pm
Hello everyone !

I have a terminology question for you. I'm a french speaking person who also speaks english but my limits are hit with this question...

Here I am finishing my website and would like to have two different pages for the jewelry/bead that I'm selling on my website and another one for the jewelry/bead that I've already sold or done in the past.

As of now, Under the "Galery" section I have the ones that I sell.
The old ones are under "Creations".

I'm wondering if these two terms are not too close to each other and confusing. Which other one could/should I use to to make things clearer. What are the fine or small differences or meaning between a couple of words that could mean what is stated previously ?

I've seen :bead galery, To sell ( boring...), old creations, buy bead and jewelry,archives....

So I guess you understand what I mean by now. Anyone who wants to comment or put a suggestions is more than welcome. Hoping it could help others also.

Thanks !

Muriel

swanseafarm
2006-08-15, 5:58pm
Hi.
I use the term "Gallery" where my previously sold items and older things not for sale are. I use the term "Studio Specials" where my current website for sale items are. I associate the term "Gallery" on the web as just a place to look at pictures, not buy something.

Hope that is helpful. :)

BonnieR
www.swanseafarm.com
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZswanseafarm

Lenda
2006-08-16, 4:56am
Hi Muriel. I also use the term Gallery to show things I no longer have or things that aren't for sale, Gallery is just to show.
I label what I have for sale in a "Bead Store" and "Jewlery Store". Those are the link names on my site.

Solana
2006-08-18, 11:50am
I use the term "Gallery" to showcase some of my favorite sets that I've sold or made. Items I have for sale go into my "Boutique", where I have it split up into categories (beads, bracelets...).

:)