Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Gail Joseph Duo Cane

CorriDawn
2006-08-27, 2:18am
OMG! I looked at Gail's site and have you guys seen the Duo cane she has? it is gorgeous! Of course I had to order some, I am anxious to try it and see how it looks. It looks like it is so pretty though.

Check them out. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And if you have used them, I want to see pictures of what you have made!

coyotesfamily
2006-08-27, 6:55am
the colors are gorgeous! which ones did you order???

Becky Mason
2006-08-27, 7:15am
CorriDawn,

Thanks for the "heads up" on Gail's new glass. I just ordered some of the Hyacinth/Violet combo cane. I love using Gaffer to make purple hearts for the Beads of Courage program. It makes the most beautiful wispy hearts.

Becky

CorriDawn
2006-08-27, 10:58am
Of the duos I ordered the Violet/Opaline Pink Duo, Strawberry/Lemon Duos, Violet/Raspberry Duos, Silver Blue/Raspberry Duos, and Copper Blue/Violet Duos.

I can't wait! I am really excited about the Strawberry/Lemon one.

That is a great idea to use them for the hearts because they are so wispy and pretty!

JavaGirlBT
2006-08-27, 11:15am
I came, I saw, I ordered.

The copper blue/pea green and the hyacinth/violet. Yumm!

DesertDreamer
2006-08-27, 12:18pm
Oooh thanks for the heads-up! I got one rod with my new cane order, and it's soooo yummy! Beads in the kiln now, I'll post pix tonight.

zen-mom
2006-08-27, 6:41pm
Thanks Corri, I just bought $100 in glass... and it's all your fault! : )

CorriDawn
2006-08-27, 8:07pm
Well good, glad I made someone else buy glass too!

Gail Joseph
2006-08-28, 12:56pm
Photos, I need photos!!! I've been so busy with the boring stuff (weighing, sorting, packing, blah, blah, blah) that I haven't even been able to enjoy it. I think I forgot to save some of the colors for myself, lol. Guess I'll have to make more!!! I can't wait to see what you folks make. BTW, all orders went out today (my mailman looked shell-shocked)--Gail

zen-mom
2006-08-28, 1:31pm
Oh Gail I know what you mean about not saving colors. I had that amazing Moonstone Green glass in my shop... I had all the best intentions to grab some for myself, then someone came in and bought every ounce I had, and my supplier was sold out. : (
I can hardly wait to get the glass I ordered from you... I have great plans, I hope they work out. Will post pics if I get anything good made out of your wonderful colors.

Karen Hardy
2006-08-28, 2:38pm
Oh Gail I know what you mean about not saving colors. I had that amazing Moonstone Green glass in my shop... I had all the best intentions to grab some for myself, then someone came in and bought every ounce I had, and my supplier was sold out. : (
I can hardly wait to get the glass I ordered from you... I have great plans, I hope they work out. Will post pics if I get anything good made out of your wonderful colors.

Bwahahaha...was that someone me?
looooooove my moonstone green!!!!!!

beadandi
2006-08-29, 6:08pm
OK, I have looked & drooled, looked some more & drooled some more...more glass is not what I need but I love this stuff. However, I have never used anything but 104 COE. I assume the annealing time would be different? Could someone tell me a little more about this glass, how to work it and anneal it? Thank you.

Sandi

Gail Joseph
2006-08-29, 7:22pm
OK, I have looked & drooled, looked some more & drooled some more...more glass is not what I need but I love this stuff. However, I have never used anything but 104 COE. I assume the annealing time would be different? Could someone tell me a little more about this glass, how to work it and anneal it? Thank you.

Sandi
I anneal with the same schedule that I use for coe 104 glass. I find I get the best results when I work the glass fairly "cool" (outer part of the flame) until I see what is happening with the glass. Some of the colors (white in particular) will wash out if they are worked hot. The glass does work a bit more stiffly than COE 104, and I find it easier to do sculpted pieces. Of course, you can load it up with furnace frits (which you can only use sparingly with COE 104 glass--some argue not at all). I hope this helps! Feel free to PM me or post again if you have any other questions!-Gail

beadandi
2006-08-29, 8:09pm
Thanks Gail....may have to give the glass a try.

Sandi

DesertDreamer
2006-08-30, 8:17pm
I got my Duo canes today. OMG they're gorgeous!!!!!! I have to wait until Friday or Saturday to torch <sob> but I can't wait!!!!

I've also been crooning and grinning over the new cane colors I got last week. Gail, your colors are fantastic! I love the green and brown, and the apricot is fantastic. I made a trial beat of the garnet today and it's a major winner, too. I still have to play with the tangerine...part of me just wants to gaze at it and smile.

Here's a set I did with the apricot, with Mango Tango frit (from Spiral Dance, sorry) swirled in. The apricot is a fantastic base color!

Gail Joseph
2006-08-30, 8:24pm
Thank you Karen! What GORGEOUS beads!!! The colors are so wonderful together! It was really fun for me to expand my mind a bit...As my 19 yr old DD says "Mom...You know, there ARE colors other than blue, right?" My mission this pull was to really explore other palettes! Now if I could make some beads! That's my goal for the morning (along with making more paddles of colors). Sigh...I like pretending that since I made the cane, that my customer's beads are sort of distantly related to me!!! --GailI got my Duo canes today. OMG they're gorgeous!!!!!! I have to wait until Friday or Saturday to torch <sob> but I can't wait!!!!

I've also been crooning and grinning over the new cane colors I got last week. Gail, your colors are fantastic! I love the green and brown, and the apricot is fantastic. I made a trial beat of the garnet today and it's a major winner, too. I still have to play with the tangerine...part of me just wants to gaze at it and smile.

Here's a set I did with the apricot, with Mango Tango frit (from Spiral Dance, sorry) swirled in. The apricot is a fantastic base color!

DesertDreamer
2006-08-30, 8:49pm
Sigh...I like pretending that since I made the cane, that my customer's beads are sort of distantly related to me!!! --Gail

Heehee...think of yourself as a really awesome glassy midwife.

I'm so glad you like those beads....I liked that frit but didn't have anything that really backed it nicely...this is a perfect combination!

Oh, and nothing wrong with blues!!!!! Since I started out, transparent cobalt has been my standard 'prototype' color for everything new I've ever tried....presses, freehand, whatever.

Farberleben
2006-08-31, 11:43am
*tststs.....I have order this sorts:
Strawberry/Lemon GG Cane-p Duos 1/4 lb
Lavender/Raspberry Duos GG Cane 1/4 lb
Fluorogreen/Blue GG Cane-p Duos 1/4 lb
Silver Blue Luster GG Cane 1/4 lb
Strawberry Transparent GG Cane 1/4 lb
Fluor/Strawberry Duos GG Cane 1/4 lb
Allways need new sorts of glass.......*arrrgh*

CorriDawn
2006-08-31, 2:51pm
The Strawberry Lemon one is so gorgeous!!! I wish I could get more, I think it is my favorite

Jayne
2006-08-31, 5:23pm
Gail - thank you, thank you, thank you! =D> For making this extraordinary glass! Here's one I made last night with the Duo Emerald/Lemon...

I love this stuff and can't wait to try more!

zen-mom
2006-08-31, 7:29pm
DAMN KIDS!!! The glass got here yesterday and they brought it in, set behind a bigger box and I didn't see till this evening... I could have been playing with new colors/glass today! Whhhaaah!!!!

Never ever hide the box that says "Fragile" on it!

joyce-l-o
2006-09-03, 6:20pm
I got my glass a couple of days ago. What wonderful colors! I can't post pictures yet as my cmera stuff is at my home and unfortunatly I'm not. I have worked with 2 of the colors blue raspberry and copper blue green. Easy to work with and great results. Don't miss her twisted cane either it's quite awesome!

Jayne
2006-09-03, 7:12pm
I can't wait to see your pics Joyce!

Here's a few more with the Duos cane; I just finished with the photos a few minutes ago...

Karen Hardy
2006-09-03, 7:24pm
Hey Donna - did you get enough to sell, or are you just gonna
be stingy and keep it all for yourself.

Trade you some duo cane for some silver glass.....

I'll clean your studio....polish your mandrels.....

P.S. Those big mandrels I bought from you are DA BOMB!
I'm Lovin' them!

zen-mom
2006-09-03, 7:38pm
Hey Donna - did you get enough to sell, or are you just gonna
be stingy and keep it all for yourself.

Trade you some duo cane for some silver glass.....

I'll clean your studio....polish your mandrels.....

P.S. Those big mandrels I bought from you are DA BOMB!
I'm Lovin' them!

You're goofy... when have I ever denied you glass?? Come on by on Wednesday... I have all the silver glass I can handle though : )

Karen Hardy
2006-09-03, 7:57pm
You're goofy... when have I ever denied you glass?? Come on by on Wednesday... I have all the silver glass I can handle though : )

Donna - you're so good to me.
Heck - I'll give you a free plug.

Everybody - shop at The Mandrel! To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. !
Donna has awesome glass - lots of cool toys and REALLY great classes!
\\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/

debkauz
2006-09-04, 10:14am
Gail - thank you, thank you, thank you! =D> For making this extraordinary glass! Here's one I made last night with the Duo Emerald/Lemon...

I love this stuff and can't wait to try more!

Delicious!

Jayne
2006-09-04, 10:18am
Hi Deb! :waving: Thanks!

saraconklin
2012-08-13, 2:58pm
where can i find photos of beads made with duo glass rods? do any of you have them for sale on etsy etc.? are there other threads with more photos. i realize this was a big deal in 2006, any recent activity?

Gail Joseph
2012-08-13, 3:13pm
where can i find photos of beads made with duo glass rods? do any of you have them for sale on etsy etc.? are there other threads with more photos. i realize this was a big deal in 2006, any recent activity?

Here's a more current thread: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Also, I have a tutorial with photos in the most recent Soda Lime Times.--Gail

Iwantonetoo
2012-08-13, 3:38pm
It's lovely to work with. Get an assortment. You can't go wrong!!!! :love: her glass.

saraconklin
2012-08-13, 6:18pm
the soda lime times is here i heard about your fab canes, really having fun with them. two of my best beads broke in half, hate that. i have had that happen before with boro beads that i have pressed but these babies were just rolled on a marver. wonder what happened.

Gail Joseph
2012-08-13, 6:27pm
the soda lime times is here i heard about your fab canes, really having fun with them. two of my best beads broke in half, hate that. i have had that happen before with boro beads that i have pressed but these babies were just rolled on a marver. wonder what happened.

That happens to me if I admire my bead too much, lol :shock:
Be sure to give it a nice "insurance" heat-up after marvering, and if you pressed it, give it an extra dose along the mandel where the glass is thinner, and cools down faster. Also, you might want to double check your kiln temps and schedule, in case something got reset.

Hope that help!- Gail

saraconklin
2012-08-13, 7:40pm
i did the assurance overall heat before i put them in the kiln today, haven't taken them off mandrels yet but didn't see any cracks, yay. i bet that it was it, forgot to do the overall same heat program. i put in the kiln on 950 annealing setting like my 104 beads. check out my photos on the new thread you lead me to. i love this stuff!