Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : "momkas Glass Testers - September 2006"

Karen Hardy
2006-09-02, 10:53am
For all Testers of Momkas Glass - please post your photos
AND your recipes here.

This month, September, we each received the following glass
and glass products to test:

GYPSY QUEEN ROD - A multi colored rod that appears to be striped with every color in the rainbow

BROWN GLITTER ROD - A very dark brown rod that appears to have tiny sparkles

GREEN DRAGON ROD - and olive/khaki very dark green rod

GYPSY QUEEN FRIT - appears to be size M
GYPSY QUEEN FRIT - appears to be size S
GREEN DRAGON FRIT - appears to be size L
BROWN GLITTER FRIT - appears to be size L

Off to the dungeon. Stay tuned for pictures !

suzanne
2006-09-02, 12:11pm
hmzgrumblepoutdamn...I haven't received it yet!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaarh I hate beeing on the Other Side.

WhiskerWood
2006-09-02, 12:14pm
I missed out totally!!!

I wanna be a tester *wwwaaaaaaaa* *sulk*

:-({|=

suzanne
2006-09-02, 12:16pm
okay I feel better now....but you have a mini....

Cosmo
2006-09-02, 1:03pm
I only got one size of Gypsy Queen frit. No big deal though. I'm going to be making stuff with it tonight and tomorrow. Planning on trying it with as many techniques as I can - surface work, deep encasement, inside-out, etc.

rusticstudio
2006-09-02, 1:12pm
I'm green with envy! Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with.

AVCKimberly
2006-09-02, 4:47pm
I worked with it all day today and a little bit yesterday. I didn't get the large Brown Glitter frit either, only fine.

So far so good....I will post picture Monday or Tuesday.

IF-Designs
2006-09-02, 4:58pm
I received Rods of
Gypsy Queen
Brown Glitter
Green Dragon

and 1 bag of frit of each each
Brown glitter and Green dragon were both on the small side for frit brown glitter was very fine, Green dragon was slightly bigger sugar size maybe larger and the gypsy queen I god was larger like probally size 2 frit mabe a lil bigger.

I worked with all of it today with exception of the green and brown frit. I will photograph my results and share them tomorrow:) I think they came out pretty cool!

Keltik
2006-09-02, 5:09pm
Gypsy Queen rod over clear
Dragon green hollow camera is not picking up the depth of this glass, very nice, worked real smooth
Brown glitter ends with Gypsy Queen frit (looks like small) over clear

All the colors worked real nice with the exception of the brown glitter frit. I received almost a powder and it seemed to wash out I think the larger frit would hold up better for me.
sorry about the pictures will try to get better ones later

Dave

Karen Hardy
2006-09-02, 5:17pm
I didn't realize that some people got different things (my bad).
Ah well, I'm just going to post what I got, and if people got different
things, they can note it in their comments.

I'm very excited with this. Usually when a new color comes out, I
feel SOL about how to work it - but here are a whole bunch of expert
glass addicts playing with the same colors at the same time!

I just finished a massive work session with these new colors
and it was a blast. There is something VERY liberating about limiting your
pallette to only 3 colors + clear. For those of you following this thread - if
you've ever gotten into a creative slump, this is a perfect way to break out!

Personally, I think that I didn't manage to get anything special out of these
colors - but boro is pretty tricky. I didn't strike them before I put them into the
kiln, because I wanted to see the results kiln striking would have on them.

The Brown Glitter seems to look a bit like adventurine as you're working it, but
then the sparkles kind of fade away right before I put it in the kiln. I'm hoping
it will come back when I open 'er up.

Couldn't tell anything about the Green Dragon - I suspect it will look great on some
of the carmely-colors, but since I could only use the clear with it we'll have to wait
till the next torching session.

As for the Gypsy Queen - jurys out on that too. The colors were very vibrant on the
rod, but got a little murky as I was working it. Again, with boro, skys the limit. What
goes in white can come out black, so you never know till the kiln is opened.

T-about 6 hours and counting!!!!

hotflashwanda
2006-09-02, 5:36pm
I played with Momka last night and today! Last night's results:

The above set was made from a cane of Glitter Brown, Magic Mirror, and Ex. Citrus Grapefruit striped over a clear rod, then used to make the bead and clear cased. I really like the way the colors blend. The Glitter Brown has plenty of sparkle under the clear and stretched out, and the rod melts like butter! It's kind of a greenish brown color, would go well with gemstones. Jewelry designers are gonna love it!

I didn't think we were restricted to using just the test colors together, so I used some other Momka colors when making my beads.

These beads were made with the rod of Gypsy Queen, twisted into latticino, and then clear cased. This is a really cool rod, the clear separation between the color stripes gives them definition and the beads look so intricate! I also made a giant winestopper bead with it but the picture didn't turn out. May post it later.

Both color rods melted easily in a neutral to slightly oxidizing flame, no boiling or reducing, very easy to work with. They're a hit with me!

Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

boroburner
2006-09-02, 5:38pm
I havent gotten mine yet:???:
B

hotflashwanda
2006-09-02, 5:42pm
Dave, that bead you made with the Glitter Brown ends and the Gypsy Queen frit in the middle is great! :D I hadn't quite figured out what to do with the GQ frit yet, it didn't look good on any of the colors I put it on last night (disappeared into them somewhat).

Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

Keltik
2006-09-02, 5:50pm
Thanks Anita
I think it will be nice to use them with other colors other than clear. I know several have said they could use it with diff. colors but I still have the original email printed out and it said clear only. I think it gives a more valid base test anyway and if you like the colors then experiment away later.

Dave

Karen Hardy
2006-09-02, 6:01pm
I just checked back on the original thread. Here's the info I copied off there (it DOES appear that it is ok to use it with other MOMKAS'S glass besides clear, someone else besides me should verify this, as I'd like to be certain):

Here are the Rules:
You must do your pieces with only Momka’s Glass (and clear if you like).
This will help us rule out problems that might be triggered by other glass.

The private email I got from Momka only says congrats and such. No instructions. Did anybody else receive any info besides that???

hotflashwanda
2006-09-02, 6:02pm
Dave, my print out says "You must do your pieces with only Momka's Glass (and clear if you like). This will help us rule out problems that might be triggered by other glass."

So that's what I'm a-gonna do... :D
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

Keltik
2006-09-02, 6:05pm
I am sorry I rechecked to and it appears it is ok to use with other Momka glass plus clear, Now I can really play.

Dave

hotflashwanda
2006-09-02, 6:05pm
LOL, Karen, you were posting when I was. :D

No, there was no other communication about this topic after the application.

I can't imagine not being able to use other Momka's colors with the test colors--the small Green Dragon and medium Brown Glitter frit wouldn't show up on any of the rod colors in the current test group.

Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

HardwoodTrailGlass
2006-09-02, 6:19pm
I played with Momka last night and today! Last night's results:

The above set was made from a cane of Glitter Brown, Magic Mirror, and Ex. Citrus Grapefruit striped over a clear rod, then used to make the bead and clear cased. I really like the way the colors blend. The Glitter Brown has plenty of sparkle under the clear and stretched out, and the rod melts like butter! It's kind of a greenish brown color, would go well with gemstones. Jewelry designers are gonna love it!

Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

Awesome Anita! Yummy!

hotflashwanda
2006-09-02, 6:25pm
Thanks, Carrie! :D
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

Over the Moon
2006-09-02, 6:54pm
Beautiful stuff so far...I, like Suzanne, haven't yet received my goodies...can't wait to play!

suzanne
2006-09-02, 11:06pm
I do have one rod of the gipsy queen here, wich I won in a boro contest so I think I'll be making some beads with it today... at least that way I can pretend to be testing already:D;)

hotflashwanda
2006-09-03, 1:23am
LOL, Suzanne, I'm sure it's the same as the test glass, why not? :D
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

Angelique
2006-09-03, 2:52am
Yummy!Those beads are awsome Anita! :)

FlameDancer
2006-09-03, 7:47am
I just got done making 10 beads with the three rods and the frit. I had a BLAST!!! Who knows if they'll turn out but I had so much fun anyways. It was nice just to be able to experiment and not feeling the pressure of having to "perform". KWIM

They are in the kiln now and I will post the pics either later tonight or early tomorrow. Natural gas...don't fail me now, lol :)

Have a great day everyone!

suzanne
2006-09-03, 8:57am
Krissa I can't wait to see what you made!!!

FlameDancer
2006-09-03, 3:37pm
Okay, here are my tester beads. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out. I think my favorite is the Gypsy Queen frit. I am in love with that stuff!!!

This bead is Green Dragon, clear frit and encased

Bead is Momka's Silver Aqua base, rolled in Green Dragon frit melted in, clear frit melted in and encased

Bead is twisted Gypsy Queen rod wrapped on, melted in and encased with clear

Bead is Brown Glitter base, rolled in frit and encased in clear

Bead is Gypsy Queen rod as base, rolled in frit and encased in clear

Bead is Momka's Silver Aqua base, Green Dragon Frit melted in and encased in clear

Bead is Almond Nugget base, Gypsy Queen frit melted in, clear frit melted in and encased (this is my favorite) :)

Bead is Momka's Silver Aqua base, Gypsy Queen frit melted in, clear frit melted in and encased in clear

Bead is Momka's Silver Aqua base, Brown Glitter frit melted in, clear frit melted in and encased

Bead is Gypsy Queen, with clear ruffle

Group shot

I had a BLAST making these beads. I can't wait to play again. Have fun everyone :)

jwelsh
2006-09-03, 3:48pm
hi guys played again with the testing glass today and used the color only and clear..
first i did 2 sea horses both with the gypsy queen rod, one i encased in clear and the other i smeared on back of a clear blank and pulled my sea horse out. then i made a sea horse out of the green dragon rod and a sea horse made out of the brown glitter only. Then finally i made a lil marble with gypsy queen rod and encased with clear.. here's the pics!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/rainbowshorse2.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/2rainsh2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/drkdrkgrnhr2.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/brwnhrs2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/lilmarble2.jpg

HardwoodTrailGlass
2006-09-03, 4:08pm
Bead is Almond Nugget base, Gypsy Queen frit melted in, clear frit melted in and encased (this is my favorite) :)

Bead is Momka's Silver Aqua base, Gypsy Queen frit melted in, clear frit melted in and encased in clear

These are my favorites. :grin:

Thank you Krissa for all the clear pictures and variety of 'testers'! Awesome job!

HardwoodTrailGlass
2006-09-03, 4:11pm
hi guys played again with the testing glass today and used the color only and clear..
first i did 2 sea horses both with the gypsy queen rod, one i encased in clear and the other i smeared on back of a clear blank and pulled my sea horse out. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/rainbowshorse2.jpg

WOW, that seahorse is STUNNING :jawdrop:

AVCKimberly
2006-09-03, 4:24pm
Here are mine so far. I will try to get better pictures tomorrow when we have a little more sun.

Dragon Green Frit over Exotic Citrus Grapefruit

Brown Gitter Rod and Clear (These REALLY sparkle!!)

Gypsy Queen rod on some, frit on others

Again...better pictures tomorrow.

GirlGlass
2006-09-03, 4:46pm
WOW, you guys are efficient! We weren't expecting results so quickly. And we are quite impressed.
Just to clarify you can use other Momka colors as well. Also the frit isn't mandatory, just for fun. So many of you replied that you use it a lot. Cathy at E Planet donated the frit. -Thanks Cathy.
Fuming is also OK.
Thank you for all your time so much! And great work!
Momka's Glass
:fireblob:

IF-Designs
2006-09-03, 5:21pm
Ok here are my lil goodies
I am on A GTT Cheetah
Liquid Oxy
Jen Ken Double Tall Annealer w. digital Controller

Ok the first set is a base of clear a thin layer of brown glitter, rolled in gypsy queen frit then encased.

The second set is an assortment the discs are made with the Green Dragon the lighter discs were made with a twisty of green dragon clear and momkas lustrous blue but mostly the green shows up and your barely see the blue. The middle disc is all the green over a lil bit of clear. The two lil spaces are just the brown glitter it goes very dark without a clear base.

The third set is Gypsy queen by itself I layered it upon its self and then did wigwags with dots and melted it down to get the wig waggies I love how they came out though my colors went much more fallish I didnt get the nice bright popping colors like some of you did. But I like what I got.
Karin

FlameDancer
2006-09-03, 5:34pm
Thanks so much Carrie....I can't WAIT to see what you come up with!!!

WhiskerWood
2006-09-03, 5:57pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/brwnhrs2.jpg

OMG, I love the brown sparkly seahorse!!!!!!

FlameDancer
2006-09-03, 8:00pm
Well, I am on a Cuda with 2 lbs. of natural gas and two oxycons. I did flame strike these beads but I also ramped up, once I was done, to 1100, held for 30 mins. and ramped down.

Brown Glitter on Exotic Grapefruit DOES sound wonderful! I'll have to give it a go tomorrow:)

hotflashwanda
2006-09-03, 8:07pm
Ooooooooooeeeeee! These are so gorgeous! It's fun to see what other people do with the same colors, isn't it? :D
Today's beads from me--
This set was made with a base of Almond Nugget, with overlays in Green Dragon, Ex. Grapefruit, and Magic Mirror accents. It has quite a bit of sparkle not showing in the picture. The Green Dragon is super-smooth to melt, works fast with no reduction. I love it!!
This set is Magic Mirror with large Brown Glitter frit, it's a really nice sparkle effect in the frit.

I like the fast and easy melt of Momka's glass--it's a little less saturated than some brands and I like that for beads. They turn out with lots of sparkle and depth. 8)
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

hotflashwanda
2006-09-03, 8:10pm
I'm on a Cuda as well, with tanked oxygen. I always flame strike my beads and then anneal them at 1050 without kiln striking. That way I don't have to remember to check the kiln striking process (I usually forget and end up with overcooked beads!).
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

suzanne
2006-09-03, 10:07pm
awesome work everyone! I love the glittery brown, it's so versatile, very nice!

Venbead
2006-09-04, 6:15am
OK here are my experiments. all were made on a midrange with NG and 2 oxys and annealed at 1050 for 2 hours

Pendant 1- the bail is base made with a cane of magic mirror over clear rolled in gypsy queen frit and encased. the implosion is magic mirror dots and the pendant is backed with the gypsy queen rod

Pendant 2- The bail is magic mirror base with green dragon frit and encased. The implosion is green dragon dots and the pendant is backed with purple thunder thinned out with clear.

Pendant 3- The bail is magic mirror with brown glitter frit and encased. The implosion is brown glitter dots and the pendant is backed in almond nugget.

FlameDancer
2006-09-04, 7:24am
Paula, very nice! I didn't know that you were on NG. I would love to ask you some questions about it, if you don't mind.

Venbead
2006-09-04, 9:14am
thanks Krissa, of course ask anything you want just shoot me a PM

AVCKimberly
2006-09-04, 10:14am
Beauuuuuuuuuutiful Paula!!! Everyone's work is just so gorgeous! I want it all!! :D :D

Here are mine with better pictures.....and a few more.

Brown Glitter Base & Bail with Exotic Citrus Grapefruit accent/Clear Base with Gypsy accent & Dragon Green bail.

Brown Glitter & Clear

ET Grapefruit with Dragon Green frit & clear

Gypsy rod and frit with clear (Sorry, this picture still bites.....toooooooo mmmmuuuccchhh cllllleeeeaaaarrrr!!!!

swanseafarm
2006-09-04, 12:43pm
Here is my first batch of leaves.
I didn't have any other Momka Boro glass since I rarely work in Boro so I just used the test rods and frits and some clear boro.

I love the Gypsy Queen rod and frit. I made one round bead using a base of clear then rolling it in the frit, melting it in and then dotting and diagonal striping with clear using a technique in the Lori Robbins/Ron & Rocio Bearer Boro Recipe book. The Gypsy Queen leaf beads were made either straight from the rod and nothing else or I spun a clear stringer around the initial wound Gypsy Queen bead. I decided the Gypsy Queen can stand on its own and doesn't need much help from clear.
I also made dragon green leaf beads from the rod...love this color too. Very muted. Two of the leaf beads I accented with spun stripes of the brown glitter for some depth. I also made some straight brown glitter leaf beads and also some spun in clear. This is a nice brown glass with hints of glitter. Kinda hard to see if direct light isn't on it. I also did 2 simple clear rounds rolled in dragon green frit with another technique from the Boro Recipe book by Ron, Rocio and Lori. The boro was not a problem on my Pirannah torch. Had the Oxy at 5LPM with propane and the glass melted fast and was great to work with using simple tools such as needle nose pliers, dental tools and glass shears. The beads were annealed at 1050 for about a 60 minute soak, then slowly ramped down which took over 3 hours.
http://www.swanseafarm.com/images/broof_momka9_06.jpg

rusticstudio
2006-09-04, 2:57pm
Wow, you guys are getting some fabulous results! I'm itching to get some of the gypsy queen!

Keltik
2006-09-04, 3:02pm
I really like the Dragon so have ordered a pound of it
Bonnie those leaf beads are awsome

Dave

swanseafarm
2006-09-04, 3:08pm
I really like the Dragon so have ordered a pound of it
Bonnie those leaf beads are awsome

Dave

Thanks, Dave.
I really like the dragon green too. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Hope you'll post some pictures.

hotflashwanda
2006-09-04, 4:34pm
Wow, Paula, you know I was thinking these colors would be great for off-mandrel pendants, especially implosions--and you've sure come up with some beauties! I especially like the effect of the Gypsy Queen used for a backer on the Magic Mirror implosion, very cool!!
Bonnie, those leaf beads are awesome!!! The striped ones just blew me away!
Sure is fun seeing everyone's creations. :D
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

rusticstudio
2006-09-04, 4:57pm
Who has the new Momka colors for sale?

Venbead
2006-09-04, 4:57pm
thanks anita. my absolutely favorite backing color for pendants is silver dance. I can't get it to dance on mandrel beads but it's fabulous as a pendant backing!!!

hotflashwanda
2006-09-04, 5:39pm
Patty, ABR Imagery has the new Momka colors. Here's a link-
http://www.dichroicimagery.com/
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

Cosmo
2006-09-04, 5:45pm
You guys are having a lot better luck than I'm having with these new colors. I haven't had any positive results so far. I'll take some pics and post my results tomorrow or Wednesday.

glassdog
2006-09-04, 7:48pm
Well I have to say, I'm impressed with Momka glass. I had the same colors as most everyone else; dragon green, brownglitter, and gypsy queen. My first thoughts were, what am I supposed to do with just these three colors, and drab colors at that. But after playing with them for a while I have changed my mind....I love em. I went about my testing a little bit different than most of yall I suspect. I tried to mess up the glass. I use a premix torch (plain ole welding torch) because I like the raging heat it produces. It makes it a bit harder to work and some glasses have a hard time handling the heat. But I found these three colors to work just fine in the harshest of circumstances. I pushed the annealing times and even did some without annealing. And again, these three colors preformed supurbly. Thanks Momka for letting me play with them.
Here are a few photos that survived my tests.
Thanks,
Mike

ps..the most interesting I think is the heat with the brown glitter center. it is encased with clear and then gold fummed.

FlameDancer
2006-09-05, 4:37am
Very cool Mike. I love the fumed heart and the Schnauzer with Gypsy Queen!

e. mort
2006-09-05, 6:00am
Momka Rod/Frit test for Gypsy Queen, Brown Glitter, and Green Dragon

All work was done on the Lynx center fire of a GTT Delta Elite torch using propane and tanked oxy. All pieces were worked with a Neutral to slightly oxidizing flame. I found that all the colors worked well with no boiling or reduction problems. All work was garaged in a Skutt GM10F kiln at 1000 and annealed at 1050 for 1 hour.

First Picture from Lower Left. (Momka Rod)

1. Gypsy Queen over clear core.
2. Gypsy Queen condensed and clear enacased. (My attempt to wig wag.)
3. Brown Glitter with top of heart gold fumed, dot of clear.
4. Green Dragon, dots of clear.

Second Picture from Lower Left. (Momka Frit)

1. Clear twisted with Sunshine Yellow, Green Dragon, and Brown Glitter frit.
2. Gypsy Queen large frit over a core of Brown Glitter, encased with clear.
3. Green Dragon frit over a clear core, topped with dots of Green Envy.
4. Brown Glitter frit over Sunshine Yellow topped with dots of clear.

Third Picture is a close up of #3 and #4 from First Picture.

Cosmo
2006-09-05, 6:42am
Hmm... these photos are encouraging. Maybe I'll give these colors another try...

suzanne
2006-09-05, 7:00am
=d> =d> =d>

suzanne
2006-09-05, 7:01am
my icons don't work!!!!

* aplause aplause aplause*

e. mort
2006-09-05, 7:12am
I like the colors, but I didn't have a lot of other Momka to work with so my palette was awful limited. I am going to try it with some other brands today, and see where that takes me.

Cosmo
2006-09-05, 7:58am
I like the colors, but I didn't have a lot of other Momka to work with so my palette was awful limited. I am going to try it with some other brands today, and see where that takes me.

Same here. I only have a Momka's sample pack to work with. I tried to get my Momka's distributorship, but that hasn't happened yet. I pay so much more for Momka's glass than I do Northstar, Precision, or GA, so I don't buy it unless I have to.

IF-Designs
2006-09-05, 8:15am
I only have Lusterous blue, carribean something, a purple thing I cant remember the name right now..., and a few sample rods that were gifted to me to work with.....

swanseafarm
2006-09-05, 8:37am
Wow, Paula, you know I was thinking these colors would be great for off-mandrel pendants, especially implosions--and you've sure come up with some beauties! I especially like the effect of the Gypsy Queen used for a backer on the Magic Mirror implosion, very cool!!
Bonnie, those leaf beads are awesome!!! The striped ones just blew me away!
Sure is fun seeing everyone's creations. :D
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

Thank you, Anita. :)

It was a real challenge to just use Momka glass since all I have are the new test colors. Working with the Gypsy Queen rod was like working a bunch of different rods all rolled into one!

HardwoodTrailGlass
2006-09-05, 12:53pm
Ok, here we go :-D
First off, thank you Momka's and Sabina, for putting this together and for letting me participate! Also, thank you to Kathy, of eplanet glass for the frit donation!
I am working on a Phantom, Tanked O2, Propane.
I used mostly neutral to oxidizing flame.

The colors are smooth and easy to melt. The Brown Glitter and Dragon Green are a little dark for me, so I wanted to lighten them up. Gypsy Queen is not my favorite, I rarely work w/ those canes.

I want to say, that I did have a hard time getting started w/ these colors, as I am a 'reactive' girl. I also had the benefit, or not, of seeing what others had already done, so I tried to avoid repeating their 'tests'. I had to get out of my comfort zone w/ what I would've chosen to work w/. I discovered some other Momka's colors that I'd forgotten about, eek, and now I have a better understanding of what some of them can do ;)

So..........I did a few single beads, and tried different combos and twisty's, sp? I also felt, if I was putting the colors into twisty's that I should be able to 'see' the color, not just as a blend, and in most it worked out.

Shoo, that was a lot to type. I hope y'all aren't bored to tears.
Anyways, now I will make a set w/ my favorites and come back and post.

Venbead
2006-09-05, 2:10pm
ooh pretty carrie. I especially like the first bead in the second set. It looks like stone.
Here are last night's experiments. annealed at 1050 for 45 minutes

The set was made with an almond nugget base (thinned out with 8mm clear rod) and brown glitter frit and encased. these really sparkle

the tab focal was made on a base of lustrous blue thinned out with 8mm of clear and gypsy queen frit and encased.

the green bead was made with a base of sunshine yellow with green dragon thinned out with 8mm of clear over that and encased.

CarolinaDreamDesigns
2006-09-05, 4:53pm
first i did 2 sea horses both with the gypsy queen rod, one i encased in clear and the other i smeared on back of a clear blank and pulled my sea horse out. then i made a sea horse out of the green dragon rod and a sea horse made out of the brown glitter only. Then finally i made a lil marble with gypsy queen rod and encased with clear.. here's the pics!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/rainbowshorse2.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/2rainsh2.jpg

I WANT TO PLAY!!!!!

::: whine whine pout pout :::

Like I'd know what to dow tih them.

Hey Jeff - you going to put these up for sale? Are you going to be a vendor at Hampton Bay Days possibly?

thanks -

Martha

Karen Hardy
2006-09-05, 4:53pm
Okay, here's my first test post to see how these photos look
(I'm playing with my lighting/camera setup - did anyone ever mention
that photographing boro is a nightmare?).
Just some basic beads - round ones, made with just the glass and
clear.

1st group of beads in each row (the smallest ones) are straight rod color topped off with clear,
2nd group of beads in each row is rod color swiped onto a clear 10mm rod and
pulled into a cane (diluted color - which absolutely killed the vibrant shades in
Gypsy Queen)
3rd group of beads in each row is pulled cane with a ribbon swirl encase (which completely washed out the GQ - can't dilute that one for sure). I did notice that the Brown glitter got some neat striping - but otherwise these colors (Brown Glitter and Dragon green) don't lend themselves to much manipulation since they don't change color at all (which is a good thing, if the application requires that).

Brown Glitter

Green Dragon

Gypsy Queen

Karen Hardy
2006-09-05, 4:58pm
Some more niftys made with Gypsy Queen.
Great stuff - I started out hating it but then we had a little
talk and it started behaving the right way.

Karen Hardy
2006-09-05, 5:09pm
Some more Bead Porn...
Sorry the pics are so darn out of focus - working on that...

Inspired by JC - Magic Mirror/Brown glitter and Carribean Coral accents

Magic Mirror and Brown Glitter

Just Gypsy Queen and a few random drops of clear frit before encasing

Some almond, a touch of Green Dragon and some random drops of Purple Thunder

hotflashwanda
2006-09-05, 9:40pm
Carrie and Karen, thank you for all your experimentation! You both came up with some really cool effects by doing different things with each bead.
Carrie, that second set is really calling to me, loudly!! They are beautiful organics.
Karen, I love your heart bead (the Purple Thunder dots are the perfect accentfor the Green Dragon) and those Gypsy Queen twisty disks are wonderful!
Paula, that set with Almond Nugget and Brown Glitter frit are so cool! I like how deep and rich the color is in them--did you have the small powdery frit or the medium size?
Great fun seeing everyone's results.
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

suzanne
2006-09-05, 10:36pm
I am kind of getting worried here.... my glass has not shown up and I am supposed to show my work within two weeks...but what if my glass does not show up in time, that would be my first strike right?

I did play with some of the colors because I happened to have those particular colors here, so I will post pictures of the beads later.

Suzanne

Venbead
2006-09-06, 5:44am
Ok I'm pretty happy with this focal. I used my favorite red glass cinnabar. (ok I really like american beauty too) It makes the best implosions. The base of the bead is a thinned out green dragon. The implosions are cinnabar and then the gypsy queen rod is pulled out to a stringer and melted in between the implosions and encased. I LOVE it and will definately be making more.

hotflashwanda thanks, I got the powdery brown glitter frit.

hotflashwanda
2006-09-06, 5:55am
Paula, the implosion bead is beautiful! The Gypsy Queen stringer is the perfect accent for the Cinnabar flowers. You're awesome, girl! :D
Suzanne, you have a couple of weeks after you get your glass to post your pictures, I'm sure they realize it will take a while for you to get your glass! Don't worry. Besides, I know they are looking at these threads and have read your post.
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

e. mort
2006-09-06, 6:21am
Here are my last pictures with the Momka test glass.

The two flower implosion pendants are Magic Mirror with a Green Dragon backing. (From the rod, not the frit)

I broke the rules on the Love pendant. I pulled the gypsy queen into a stringer and used it for the letters, and then backed the pendant with NS Butterscotch frit. I had planned to use the brown glitter frit, but after the Letters imploded I decided that they would get lost against the brown glitter.

suzanne
2006-09-06, 7:49am
Eric those flower implosions are beautifull, the colors look surreal!

I did not receive my testglass yet but I did have a rod of green dragon so I made a couple of simple beads.

I am on a baracudda , propane and two concentrators. I used a neutral and sometimes slightly oxidizing flame

from the left to the right:

1 twistie from a green dragon base with two stripes of solara, encased.
2 clear base bead, twistie as mentioned above, encased
3 green dragon base bead, goldfumed, encased ( this one is my favorite)
4 green dragon base bead, clear dots, silver fumed and encased
5 same as the second bead
6 green dragon base bead, encased with solara, encased.

This particular color doesn;t do a whole lot for me exept for the gold fumed one, it sure has potential when fumed. The rod did melt easily, no bubbles at all.

Suzanne

Over the Moon
2006-09-06, 12:27pm
Once again - fabulous work everybody! Suzanne I still haven't received my glass either...hey Ben, you're up here in Canada too...didya get yours?

boroburner
2006-09-06, 2:54pm
Yup=)
Just picked it up.
Im lookin at what everyone else has made so far an wondering what to make?
Im thinking jar.....will post pics in the morn.
hope ur stuff come soon.
B

e. mort
2006-09-06, 7:00pm
I am still not thrilled with the Gypsy Queen, but I just read on Momka's site that it is supposed to have three striking colors in it. Maybe I am not striking it right? I am thinking about tossing the hearts back into the kiln at 1100 for 30 minutes to see what happens. Does anybody know what colors are supposed to strike in it? I think maybe I am also burning the color out of the red stripe since mine looks a lot more muted than the one on their website.

Opinions?

hotflashwanda
2006-09-06, 7:11pm
Eric, your flower implosions are very cool! I agree with you on your theory that it's possible to burn some of the colors out of the Gypsy Queen--I noticed with overheating I got darkened red, orange, and yellow. Probably depends on what is being made--if it's a small to medium mandrel bead, not as much heat compared to making one of your hearts or a marble.
I'm not sure what striking colors are in the GQ rod, but I believe they are silver-based as I get some nice metallic gold/ivory, and purple as well as the WYSIWYG colors in there.
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

LAG
2006-09-06, 8:25pm
I only have been playing with the Glitter Brown. Wow. That has a beautiful sparkle in it. Melts like butter and a great fall color to work with other colors. Here is what I did this AM.

Almond Nugget with captured air My favorite.. it glitters a lot in the brown.
Almond Nugget swirled and tube pressed. fun bead..
Autumn Swirl with Brown Glitter. Great leaf colors...
Brown Glitter with Gypsy Queen frit. My husband's fav..
And Guacolmole, Sunset Orange and Brown Glitter Zig Zag. Another great fall combo...

LAG
2006-09-06, 8:27pm
oh and one more fun bead...
a blend of Yellow, Orange and Brown Glitter then tube pressed...

suzanne
2006-09-07, 12:05am
@Eric, there is definetly some silver action going on in the gypsie queen, I pulled a discbead out of the kiln the other day made with a regular twistie and there was some bluisih purple haze between the wysiwyg colors. The orange was kinda muted, the red was pretty red, the yellow was muted too , but I did get the haze between. I annealed it for half an hour at 1150 and half an hour at 1050 .

I am playing with my annealingschedule a lot these days, I made some pink beads again and they turned out really dark almost blackcherryred with magenta haze on it, pretty but not the look I was going for, so I figured I'd cut back on the 1150 and try 1100 instead today.

Suzanne

Cosmo
2006-09-07, 5:25am
I am still not thrilled with the Gypsy Queen, but I just read on Momka's site that it is supposed to have three striking colors in it. Maybe I am not striking it right? I am thinking about tossing the hearts back into the kiln at 1100 for 30 minutes to see what happens. Does anybody know what colors are supposed to strike in it? I think maybe I am also burning the color out of the red stripe since mine looks a lot more muted than the one on their website.

Opinions?

Yeah. I noticed something similar myself. I used some more of it last night, so when I open the kiln later I'll see if I have any better results.

suzanne
2006-09-07, 5:26am
I made an error in my previous posting, I don't anneal at 1050 and 1150 but kilnstrike at that temp...my bad:)

HardwoodTrailGlass
2006-09-07, 11:47am
It is so cool to come in here and see all the different experiments from everyone! I love it. Thank you to all for sharing what you've done. :fireblob:

Paula, Karen, Eric, Suzanne, & Kay: fabulous beads/pendants/implosions! So many combinations, it's endless ;)

Karen Hardy
2006-09-07, 12:47pm
Okay - here's my "take on the ways these colors work:

Green Dragon - Kind of a wysiwyg color. You can dilute it a little, but basically what you lay down is what it is. I adore the pearlescent effect it has, very pretty, but it will not (repeat NOT) show up in photos no matter how hard I try.
I had one bead that's just clear and GD thats my fave, but in pictures it just looks blah. Definitely one to sell "in person" rather that ebay.

Brown Glitter - This one kind of comes out like a "mink" color. It's very smooth, and I was kind of hoping it would be the boro equivalent of a goldstone stringer. It adds a bit of sparkle to your work, and when you dilute it you can get these cool "ribbed" effects with it. Again, a hard one to photograph - as pictures don't pick up the sparkles.

Gypsy Queen - As many of you said, I was both in love with and disappointed with this rod. I almost wish that they would come out with a crayon version of these colors - since I was really hoping for some rainbow beads, and the rod seems to suggest that. My first beads with this rod came out kind of dull. I figured out that by working it farther out in a cooler flame, I could retain a lot of the colors, but the reactive shades tended to wash with the heat.
I was able to get some cool ghosting effects (see the "gypsy queen with clear" bead) by adding some clear frit after I lay the basic shape down in a cooler flame. The colors tended to wash out to more "autumn shades" (see the necklace with disk beads pictured). This one has to be treated pretty delicately AND should not be diluted - as that tends to completely kill off the colors. I pulled a thin stringer from it and got a "fall leaves" kind of flower look . This is not a great scroll/detail/dots stringer, but it does make a great flower petal stringer (for raised flowers a-la-Kim Osibin - not melted in ones).

flamewerks
2006-09-07, 3:50pm
Man, there's some great work posted in this thread. These colors are not part of my preferred palette, but I like the workability. I'll post our pics tonight after I get home from work. We saw some issues with Gypsy Queen and Glitter Brown that I haven't seen addressed here. However, those could just be working differences.

-Mona

flamewerks
2006-09-07, 5:51pm
As promised:

Configuration:
oxygen generator
propane
bobcat
red max (minor part)

This glass is great to work, smooth and buttery.

First the issues with Gypsy Queen:
This is a top made by Mr Flamewerks (Thom) The top is ~1" diameter. You can see bubbling on the shimmery teal color and on the lime green next to it. Bubbling was not evident before the piece went into the kiln.

40456 40455

Next, same problem with the GQ but also some major bubbling on the Glitter Brown. I think this must be because they are extremely encased in this marble. I made this marble, which is ~1.5" across. Bubbling was not evident before the piece went into the kiln. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Did we work it too hot? Anneal too hot? Not hold our tongues in the right position? :)

Now when we used GQ and GB in beads, we could still see some of the bubbling, but not near so bad as in the marble and top above. The shimmer in the GB and Green Dragon is nearly impossible to photograph.

Left to right:

Clear with Green Dragon frit, clear dot on each frit, gold fume, burned off the fume on the clear dots.
GQ on clear
GQ on black
GQ frit on Almond Nugget, encased
GQ on clear
GD on clear, encased
GD and GB on aqua

Glitter brown in various uses:
L to R
plain, lightly encased, on clear and encased, lightly encased, plain

Beautiful minky shimmer is not evident in the photo. Really lovely.

GQ frit marble

GQ on black

GQ on clear

Everything + Almond Nugget on clear

GD and GB frit on Almond Nugget

Apologies for the big post.

-Mona

hotflashwanda
2006-09-07, 9:10pm
Wow, Mona, the top and marble are very cool and a shame about the bubbles--what it looks like to me is that there was some kind of crystal growth in the green and sparkle colors. Maybe like lots of other boro greens and sparkles out there, these colors don't like to be worked too long when encased.
Thank goodness your lovely beads are all intact!
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

flamewerks
2006-09-07, 10:02pm
Wow, Mona, the top and marble are very cool and a shame about the bubbles--what it looks like to me is that there was some kind of crystal growth in the green and sparkle colors. Maybe like lots of other boro greens and sparkles out there, these colors don't like to be worked too long when encased.

After reading around on other fora, I found a statement that they need to be worked cooler. So, I'm guessing they just got too hot. I figured it was a user problem rather than a glass problem.

-Mona

Karen Hardy
2006-09-07, 10:32pm
I dunno..I kinda dig the bubbles you got there. Looks like the underside of
a wave....

As we used to say in the computer software world...it's not a "bug"...it's a "feature"...

suzanne
2006-09-07, 10:49pm
wow I have never seen bubbles like that, strange! I am very curious if this is a heat issue or maybe the rods wheren't squeeky clean, keep us posted!

Karen I will be using the bug versus Feature line a lot for the rest of my life, cracked me up:D

Btw I received my testglass yesterday evening, so I'll be working it today,posting pics tomorrow

Have a nice day,
Suzanne

hotflashwanda
2006-09-07, 10:49pm
That's a good point, Karen--I agree! Mona, I thought the bubble things were very sparkly!
When I was first experimenting with boro, I made an awesome tab focal with many colors including some Millenium Moss (which has both the sparkle and the green)--it was full of detail and I worked on it for quite a long while, heating and reheating, pressing and heating out the chill marks, etc. The bead was fine when I took it out of the kiln and for a day afterward. Then gradually many minuscule crackles (looked kind of like your bubbles) formed where the Moss intersected with some other colors. Gradually, more and more of these crackles formed but they all stayed deep inside the encasing. Last I looked at the bead, there were still no actual cracks in the encasing layer and it's been years. So maybe your cool creations will stabilize and have a long life! :-)
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

Over the Moon
2006-09-08, 6:19am
[quote=suzanne]Btw I received my testglass yesterday evening, so I'll be working it today,posting pics tomorrow

/quote]

Great news Suzanne...but I'm freaking out here...it got all the way to the Netherlands, and still hasn't arrived to me here...I did have some Gypsyand Dragon glass here though, and made a few test beads.

It was a bit of a challenge to come up with a test that hassn't already been done here, but here goes...
I really love the idea of it, although the colors aren't in my general palette. I found an amazing difference depending
on the side I layed down on the mandrel. I got a beautiful irridescent peacock kind of sheen on top of the green and blue colors - in some beads it was clear, but in other tests it seemed to muddy up the entire area, and cloud up the neighbouring colors. I also found an elusive pink and purple becuase I was trying to hide the red and orange colors - it struck beautifully in the flame, but came out kinda yucky from the kiln. I annealed at both 1050 and 1090...I found the 1050 was too low to strike out the red and orange clearly.
I also found the colors more muted, and more to my organic style when I left them unencased - as seen in the second pic.
I made some of my accelerating spiral discs, and love how they came out...thought of naming them "Psycho" beads, but didn't think Momka would appreciate it! :wink: They're shown with both sides below.
I like the Dragon green - very smooth, but I think next time I would try and dilute it down quite a bit - shown in the second set.
I made a couple of wigwag buttons, which came out great, but have no pics...
All in all, I love the Gypsy glass...it was a lot of fun to play with, and I could see myself spending many more hours with it.
(I used a Piranha, and tanked oxy.)
Thanks to Momka and Sabina for allowing me to be a part of this, and thanks to Cathy as well for her frit contribution...now if I could just receive my package, I could start playing with that frit (and the Sparkle Brown...)
Here's my pics:

Have a great weekend, all...

suzanne
2006-09-08, 6:35am
Don't sweat it yet Val, I am sure your toyglass will turn up one of these days:)

I love those rainbow striped beads!

Here are my first testbeads with brown glitter and gypsy queen, again using a bethlehem Barracuda and two concentrators.

First image from the left to the right:
1 + 2 Silver tears on clear base with size two glitterbrown frit

3 + 4 silver twistie of glitterbrown and silver tears, encased
5 + 6 ( I cheated...) glitter brown fine frit on caramel...LOVE it!

Second picture from left to right:

1 + 2 base bead of gypsie queen, zigzag encased
3 gypsiequeen twistie, encased
4 ( now please don't laugh...it was a first) clear base, rolled in gypsie queen powder five times, gypsie queen murini's , encased . I just cut little pieces of the rod with my discnippers, for someone who knows how to handle murrini's this would make a fabulous looking little flower
5 clear base, gypsy queen twistie, encased
6 + 7 twistie of silver tears and clear, rolled four times in gypsy queen powder, zigzag encased. I really like these, they are so sparkly.

All beads where kilnstruck for 30 minutes at 1150 and another 30 minutes of 1050

I find the glitterbrown very easy to work with, it would make a lovely base with other reactive colors, by itself I think it misses something. I really love the frit, very sparkly . The gypsy queen is so pretty in the rod form , but I don't like the beads I made out of them, I like Val's a lot better. The frit on the other hand is really nice .

Suzanne

suzanne
2006-09-08, 6:38am
ya know all, after carefully looking at Val's beads I have a really stupid question.... where did my yellow go????

jwelsh
2006-09-08, 7:15am
I WANT TO PLAY!!!!!

::: whine whine pout pout :::

Like I'd know what to dow tih them.

Hey Jeff - you going to put these up for sale? Are you going to be a vendor at Hampton Bay Days possibly?

thanks -

Martha
martha... they are on ebay right now.. no we won't be a vendor at hampton bay days.. we are going to the nascar races this weekend in richmond ...

Cosmo
2006-09-08, 10:42am
Okay. Finally got some good results with this glass. Found out that encasing the Gypsy Queen works best for me.

This is a vortex marble consisting of Gypsy Queen (inside the vortex) and Brown Glitter, Almond Nugget, and Green Dragon on the back. Simax clear.

http://www.soleiletlune.com/gallery/momka-marble-9-06-1.jpg
http://www.soleiletlune.com/gallery/momka-marble-9-06-2.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality. I don't have my regular lights here, so I'm trying to make what I have work...

hotflashwanda
2006-09-08, 11:15am
Chad, looks like the perfect Fall season marble! I'd love to see it under your regular lights some time. :D
Anita

flamewerks
2006-09-08, 11:35am
wow I have never seen bubbles like that, strange! I am very curious if this is a heat issue or maybe the rods wheren't squeeky clean, keep us posted!

All the rods were cleaned with alcohol then buffed and the ends were torn off before using. However, the checking and frothing on the Gypsy Queen is within the glass. We will test more this weekend watching the working heat more closely. Thom made another top with Green Dragon last night and it looks like it totally exploded within the clear. He didn't think he got it too hot - after all, we are working two torches on one generator and last night I had Big Bertha (PM2D) on board rather than the Bobcat. It's hard to get boro up to temp on a good day with our configuration. (I WANT MY TANKED OXYGEN BACK!!! WAH!)

I kind of like the look in the marble because it looks like very sparkly diamonds. The marble seems stable, no cracks extending out of the clear.

Great marbles and beads everyone! Especially love the GB frit on carmel, Suzanne.

Mona

GirlGlass
2006-09-08, 1:18pm
Hello All-
Wow you guys have been busy! You definitely have all the other boards beat! This thread is better than I expected. I love all the insight you guys have. We've learned a lot. Sorry Mona about the checking you got with the Gypsy, I haven't seen that problem before. The Brown Glitter has given me a bit of a similar problem, but it's a common rule that most sheen's and glitters can't be deep encased. I always try anyways, and here is what happens. The other colors in this are Sunshine yellow over Carmen Red.
Also, here's a wonderful piece Bill Rasmussen sent us! It's all Gypsy Queen.

Keep up the great work, and thank you so much,
Sabina

Over the Moon
2006-09-08, 1:37pm
Awesome. Wow...

hotflashwanda
2006-09-08, 3:29pm
Wow, Sabina's growin' the same bubbles in her marble as you, Mona! Very sparkly butterfly.
Bill's piece done with the Gypsy Queen--wild, very wild and beautiful. He is a national treasure, IMO.
:D
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

e. mort
2006-09-08, 4:16pm
Since we are posting the results of our Momka experiments here, do we still need to fill out the hardcopy questionaire and mail it in?

suzanne
2006-09-08, 11:12pm
Cathy, the green and brown frits are WYSIWYG colors as far as I can tell, just melt and pop in the kiln, I haven't seen deeper colors coming out of the kiln or color changes within the frit itselve.

Suzanne

rusticstudio
2006-09-09, 9:55am
Wow! you guys are coming up with some cool stuff. And Bill's sculpture... what can I say? Amazing!

flamewerks
2006-09-09, 7:56pm
And Bill's sculpture... what can I say? Amazing!

Thom and I are taking his human form class at Momka's at the end of this month! We can't wait! WooHoo!

-Mona

suzanne
2006-09-09, 10:10pm
Oh my god Mona, you are the talismanbeadgirl!!!! I just went over to your website and to my pleasant surprise I found your talisman beads there. When I first started out lampworking about a year and a half ago I remember your husband posting them on WC, I was so in awe about those little pearl like bubbles on your beads, they rock!

Suzanne

flamewerks
2006-09-10, 7:41am
<blush> Thanks, Suzanne. I'm finally getting back to the torch and back on the boards.

Here is a link to a sweet marble made by Christopher Rice using Gypsy Queen and Glitter Brown (http://www.glassartists.org/Gal21478_Momka_s_new_colors.asp) where the brown didn't grow any bubbles. He comments that it needs to be worked cool. He makes some really awesome marbles.

-Mona

AVCKimberly
2006-09-10, 4:15pm
My newest try. I love the Gypsy Queen frit!!!

The base is Purple Haze, rolled in Brown Glitter fine frit, rolled again in Gypsy Queen frit. I then spiral enased them, melted that in and fully encase them.

The transparent green spacers are GA Kryptonite. I didn't mix any Momka glass with those.

HardwoodTrailGlass
2006-09-10, 5:12pm
Very very cool Kim! Nice job!

IF-Designs
2006-09-10, 5:20pm
oh Kim those diamond beads are TDF!

AVCKimberly
2006-09-10, 5:54pm
Thank you Karin and Carrie!!!

Did you guys like my finger print on the third crystal from the top? That was extra tid bit of personalization for my customers! :D :D :D

suzanne
2006-09-10, 11:07pm
Lol Kim, that fingerprint makes them priceless. I really like the gypgy queen powder too, lot's of possibillities there

HardwoodTrailGlass
2006-09-11, 2:23am
Thank you Karin and Carrie!!!

Did you guys like my finger print on the third crystal from the top? That was extra tid bit of personalization for my customers! :D :D :D

I think it adds a nice touch ;)

LAG
2006-09-11, 6:44am
Geez, I wish I had the patience to make sets like that.... I just can't seem to stay focused and making more than one of the same bead drives me nuts.... those beads are beautiful, Kimberly

AVCKimberly
2006-09-11, 8:03am
Thank you guys!! You all make feel so good!!!

Hey Kay, I can only make a big set of beads like that over several days in between other work. Oh and I have to have a couple of good movies to watch at the same time. :D

gennym
2006-09-11, 8:37am
Here are my contributions for the week for Momka's Gypsy Queen testing. The first are straight wraps of Gypsy Queen encased with clear. I used a neutral flame and just annealed at 1050 (no striking). I love working with this color. Found that I could avoid hot spots on the beads by covering them with a thin layer of clear before forming the core beads and then added more clear.

gennym
2006-09-11, 8:40am
I love the Gypsy Queen frit on the Dragon Green and Brown rods!

gennym
2006-09-11, 8:43am
I know we were ideally going to limit ourselves to the test colors and clear - but I just couldn't help adding the Gypsy Queen frit to Momka's Orange and Yellow rods to see how it looks - I love it!

LAG
2006-09-11, 8:50am
Kimberly, hmm maybe I could tolerate that spreading it out over time thing. Might have to try.
Genny, you are doing awesome stuff now...

I think I caught the "glitz" in this bead of almond nugget and Glitter Brown..

hotflashwanda
2006-09-11, 1:19pm
Genny, I really like the GQ frit and orange/yellow combos you came up with! Pretty! And, just to mention that we can use the test colors with any Momka glass for our experiments.
Kay, great pics!!! Ooooh! Glittery!! :D
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

gennym
2006-09-11, 9:50pm
Thanks Kay and Anita -

Anita - I love the idea of the orange and yellow with gypsy queen frit but think it needs a lot more frit to make the same statement you can get with the green dragon and brown. Maybe the crayon colors absorb some of the frit's colors - but I love it so will try to do again this weekend or would love to see some other experiments. I love the gypsy queen rod but agree that the frit is really amazing!

Karen Hardy
2006-09-12, 8:55am
Heya - can any of you testers scan the form we are supposed to fill out and email it to me? I can't find my forms for the life of me!

Thanks!

Oh, I'll also need the address to send it to. We had some work done on the
house (plumbing exploded) and everything got moved all over the place.

AVCKimberly
2006-09-12, 10:28am
Hey Karen,

I emailed mine to Sabina. Email me at Kim@heavenlyfire.com and I will forward it to ya.

kiko
2006-09-14, 9:37am
Finally had a chance to test the new colors. My initial reaction was how smooth and silky the colors melt. I'm on a Cheetah with OG-20 generator.
Gypsy queen is quite colorful and makes nice murrini and twistie stringers.
Great color for quickie colorful spacers. I struck mine in the flame to pull up
those pretty ethereal colors. Brown glitter is pretty in a subtle earthy way. Green dragon is also a very subtle and natural color has a dragon scale shimmer. Here are a couple of pieces with Brown glitter and Green dragon. Vessel is base of Almond Nugget. Tube hollow is Amethyst Ice twistie with Green dragon and Silver Beach. Just imagine more sparkle because I couldn't capture it well with my set up and it's raining. No outdoor shots today. Thanks for looking. Lori

swanseafarm
2006-09-14, 9:50am
Ack!!!

I need to mail in my forms....so sorry.....off to do it soon!

Karen Hardy
2006-09-14, 1:45pm
Hey Karen,

I emailed mine to Sabina. Email me at Kim@heavenlyfire.com and I will forward it to ya.

Just emailed you! Thanks!!!

dragon myst
2006-09-23, 12:18pm
This section of LE is fanastic !!!!! Now I want to learn how to make boro beads !:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

e. mort
2006-09-25, 6:35pm
I have to admit, I wasn't that thrilled with these colors, but everything I have made with them has sold! The brown glitter and gypsy queen seem to be the favorite over the green dragon though.

hotflashwanda
2006-09-25, 8:52pm
Yay, Eric! Bet you're liking those colors more now than before. :-)
Anita
www.fireflybeads.com

Venbead
2006-09-26, 5:10am
here's one made with my new frit which is 75% Momka's called Tropical Harvest and it is backed by gypsy Queen.

e. mort
2006-09-26, 5:26am
Nice combo there Paula!

Venbead
2006-09-26, 7:25am
thanks eric

e. mort
2006-10-13, 7:06am
Here is a pendant I made with my last bit of gypsy queen.

swanseafarm
2006-10-13, 7:15am
Anyone know when the next round of test glass will be shipped?
I can hardly wait....it's fun to play with the new colors!
:)

rckeyes
2007-12-29, 9:46am
Did Gypsy Queen become "cirque" in the Momka multi series?

isellrejer
2007-12-29, 9:57am
Did Gypsy Queen become "cirque" in the Momka multi series?

No, these are 2 different multi rods.