Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Help wated...Lemon bead tutorial

glassaddict
2006-09-09, 7:56pm
I have been desperate to make a lemon bead. I tried several different approaches, and still cant get it right. Any body got some tips? My sides arent fat enough and i can't get the shape right. I tried vertically holding the mandrel an horizontally. Help please.........must fill order.... soooonn.....

glassaddict
2006-09-13, 7:49pm
I don't think I'll be needing a lemon tutorial.. I have successfully made lemons....It was easier than I thought, I was just in a rush, and I guess I started getting nervous when my first few attempts didnt work out. But thanks to a pep talk in the chat I did it. I think I may have even created my own little trick to do it. So thanks to everyone who helped me the other night.

Gelly
2006-09-13, 8:14pm
Congrats on figuring it out!

Now that you have lemons... are ya gonna make some lemonade? :)

melissabeads
2006-09-15, 2:15pm
Lets see them!! When life gives you lemons... WEAR EM"!!

A_Glass_Bash
2006-09-15, 11:19pm
I wanna see the lemons and you tell US how you made them.

glassaddict
2006-09-15, 11:34pm
I actually sold them already, they were a custom order for a lemonade vendor at this festival I was selling at. I did copy a pic of the beads, but I can't scan anything at the moment. So here is my secret in writing. I made a yellow bead that was thin on the top and really plump on the bottom. Kinda like let it droop a little, and smashed the plump side on my graphite paddle and it made the center full and I just put dots on the flat surface where I mashed and then I pulled it into a little point like a lemon and melted it in slightly (Temp control is key here) and added a little bit to the top to make it pointy. Then I did a little bit of work on the surface kind of let it cool a little and made indentations with the rake like a pocked surface of a real lemon. I also used two slightly different colors of yellow to give it a more realistic look. Hope this is a good explanation. I had to search hard to find a picture of a lemon bead. I almost thought I wasn't gonna be able to do it. ai though about going to the store to but a lemon. I impressed myself...lol