Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Psyclone II Oxygen Generator

Bubba
2006-09-11, 6:14pm
Ok I found this on the Web it is new and claimes to generate 50 PSI @ 30 LMP. I cant find any specs on it or a web site to go look at the specs.... I am just loaded with questions.

Does someone have the specs?
Will it run a GTT Phantom or Mirage at 100%?
What would be the O2 %?
Will it emulate a O2 tank?
How much noise does one of these units make?
Can/Should I add a reserve tank?
Do I need to add a compressor?
Is there something else I should look at for the money?

Help!!!! This unit sounds to good to be true for larger torches.

Thanks.

Bubba

jokersdesign
2006-09-11, 6:46pm
I don't know the answers, but this is my reply.

Will it run a GTT Phantom or Mirage at 100%. - At 50 PSI at 30 LPM it should. Will the unit output that at 95% O2? I don't know, but if it did it would be great. I can dream can't I?

What would be the O2 %? - I don't know, but I would not buy the unit unless it output 95% like concentrators do.

Will it emulate a O2 tank? - It would be close, but you tanked would be just a hair better and liquid oxygen would be 3 hairs better.

How much noise does one of these units make? - I don't know, but if you need a compressor, then the thing is going to be LOUD!!!!

Can/Should I add a reserve tank? - You probally can. You should if you go money to burn or if 50 PSI at 30 LPM is not quit enough to run your torch at 100% or if your going to run more then 1 torch.

Do I need to add a compressor? - You might, I would think so if the unit can actually output 50 PSI at 30 LPM.

Is there something else I should look at for the money? - I went with liquid oxygen because all the other generators for large torches on the market need a large air compressor to run them and the compressors are LOUD !!!!.

Another option is a RIX microboost. http://www.rixindustries.com/products_mini.html

With this unit, you can connect a small oxygen concentrator or generator and refill your oxygen tanks. The good this is you can then output any oxygen pressure you want, but the bad thing is your oxygen % will be 95% instread of 97% (not sure of actual tanked oxygen %)

I did not go with this unit because for the $5000 cost of the unit. I bought a Delta Mag with liquid oxygen instead.

Your only other good options are liquid oxygen if you can get it or else your stuck with tanked oxygen.