Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Site Updated! Finally!! Comments.Criticisms?

FireFly
2006-09-15, 12:14pm
Hi Everyone, :waving:

I finally had my web site revamped and updated. It was almost painless. I tried to do the whole thing myself several months ago and then realized that my talents did not really extend into this particular realm. I really admire those of you who are able to do it all!! I will be lucky to maintain it properly since I managed to make the last site quirky and unmanageable.

Any way.....I just wanted to get some opinions on the new and improved site that was launched today. I'm pretty happy with it!

The site is: http://www.kathyperras.com/

born2snooze
2006-09-16, 12:03am
Congrats, Kathy! Very clean and organized. I love clean look. :love:

FireFly
2006-09-16, 5:34pm
Congrats, Kathy! Very clean and organized. I love clean look. :love:

Thanks! :smile:

mintleaf
2006-09-18, 2:58pm
I checked it out and it all looks good!

I also liked that it loaded fast, with thumbnails for me to choose if I want to see a big picture of your beads!

Good Job!

FireFly
2006-09-18, 5:31pm
Thanks Alaina! I appreciate your comments!

chrisann
2006-09-21, 9:22pm
I went and checked it out and it is very nice although I like the black background you had on your last site as well but I tend to like the darker backgrounds for some reason. The only thing I would change is when you go to the gallery page I would link the pictures that you chose with the word link choice so the you can toggle on the pic to go to pairs etc. I hope that made sense I'm kinda tired LOL.
chris ann

MeltDown
2006-09-22, 4:15am
Your site is very attractive, and your work beautiful! The only thing I would change is the photo size when it is at it's largest. Your work is so wonderfully detailed that it was a bit frustrating not to be able to really get an up-close look at it. For the largest photos on my site I use 600px. Your site loads quickly so I don't think adding a little girth to your photos will slow you down any.

That's my two cents! :grin:

Tim

angelinabeadalina
2006-09-22, 9:53am
Kathy, You've got a nice place to visit! I usually check out the About Me page when I look at someone's site, and I liked the pictures of you at work...kind of adds to the mental picture when you read about someone's glass background.

FireFly
2006-09-22, 5:46pm
Thanks Angelina, Chrisann, and Tim!

You've made some excellent suggestions that I pretty much agree with. I hope I am able to make some of those changes on my own. I am trying add make those personal touches and tweak the site this week....and yet I'm not that adept at the technical side of things........

The photo suggestions (which need the most attention) have been a real challenge for me. Even so, I really appreciate your comments because it helps tremendously!

Oh well....it's finally up and running......that's a start!

bead crazy
2006-09-22, 6:08pm
I agree with Tim about the pictures when you click on the picture you can't see the detail of the bead. I think that would be frustrating to a customer to want to see a bead and when you click on it the picture did not come up to be much bigger than it was. Other than that it looks great. I am sure it is all very challenging. I am going to be working on one myself soon. I hope it brings you alot of business.
Lori