Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Bead Pens-Rubber Grip

dicrodi
2006-09-23, 11:10pm
Can anyone help? I've seen all the bead pens made with metal grips.
Somewhere down in N.C. I purchase another bead artists bead pen. The grip was a rubber material, and I much prefer this to the metal variety. Does anyone have a supplier for these that you would be willing to share? Please post or PM me if you do . Many Thanks Diana:)

LadyCrow
2006-09-24, 2:40pm
I don't know where to buy the pens you are looking for,but offer another alternative. My DH just bought some of that tool dip at Lowes the other day,and when I saw your post a light bulb went off. It comes in different colors. I think it's called magic dip, I can check when I go out to his shop.
Margie

SaraSally
2006-09-25, 9:38am
Hi Diana, I may be able to help you. Do you know the name of the artist? Was it me perhaps?

swanseafarm
2006-09-25, 9:53am
Well, SaraSally...if you have arubber grip bead pen source how about just sharing it here?
:)

SaraSally
2006-09-25, 11:09am
The source is the easy part, it's just a woodworking kit. The hard part is getting it to fit just right. You have to use cold working tools to make it perfect. I have had many,many beads break in that last tap of the tool. It's rather more complicated than the Bead Pen.

dicrodi
2006-09-25, 2:33pm
SaraSally- I don't really know-purchased in N.C. at a bead shop I happened to fall over in Raleigh. The rest of pen is metal, but the part your fingers touch is this wonderful soft grip rubber. The pen had a long bead on it with a lizzard on it, I just love the pen and bead and would like to put my beads on this same type of pen , but can't find it in a web search, so if you can help please let me know. Diana

ewdb
2006-09-25, 6:04pm
Diana, is it something like this yr looking for?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sislonski
2006-09-25, 6:45pm
Diana, is it something like this yr looking for?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Would making a bead on a hollow mandrel (1/4") fit on this type of pen?

SaraSally
2006-09-27, 2:29pm
Diana, this is my pen, since I have customers in that area, it might be mine. Did it look similar to this? And yes, a larger hollow mandrel works best.

danelady
2006-09-27, 10:10pm
That's NICE! Do you have a larger picture please?Diana, this is my pen, since I have customers in that area, it might be mine. Did it look similar to this? And yes, a larger hollow mandrel works best.

Katie
2006-09-30, 11:01am

Wonder if these would work?
Katie