Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Gas move

Blueflameart
2005-08-31, 6:02am
I'm so use to regular natural gas house pressure and 1 concentrator that I have to ask this question ... I've read up on alot of post concerning propane and would like to just ask some advice from some that might have the same or close to the same setup .... The new glass studio my wife and I are starting is nowhere near a Natural Gas tap ... A company is going to quote me a holding tank ( above ground) for Propane .... I'll be using it around 5 days a week - 4/5 hours a day ... plus classe's thrown in here and there ... will 1 concentrator , using propane and Bethleham Piranaha work out well ? If I decide to use my minor and the Piranaha at the same time ... can I just hook one concentrator on one torch and my other concentrator on the other torch and just feed both from the propane source and still have the pressure I'll need? Thanks very much in advance for any tips.

edit - also wanted to add - might I use something like this to share oxygen to both torches running at the same time ? http://www.suncoastbeads.com/page5.html

MikeAurelius
2005-08-31, 6:21am
You'll need two concentrators for the Pirahna alone, from what I can tell.

Be sure they run the line into the studio from the propane tank at 5 PSI. That's fully legal, and as long as they know that up front, you should have no problem.

Blueflameart
2005-08-31, 6:27am
Hmmmm , my pirahna is running awsome on just one 5lmp machine as of now ... but it is using Natural Gas .... is propane going to make that much of a difference ? I was hoping you would chime in Mike! Thanks for the tip on running line at 5lpm to the studio.

MikeAurelius
2005-08-31, 6:33am
Not 5lpm, 5 PSI on the propane.

All I'm going by is what Kalera and I discussed on another thread, and come to think of it, now that I think back on it, maybe it was the Barracuda we were talking about....

In any case, you'll need another concentrator to run the Minor -- if you think of it this way - each torch needs its own supply of oxygen - so, one for the Pirahna, one for the Minor, one for each additional "minor class" torch...

Blueflameart
2005-08-31, 6:40am
oops ... typo there on the lmp vs psi .... thnx very much once again Mike ... you've always been a HUGE help on these questions and I was very much hoping you would chime in .... and you did!!! So what your saying is that you dont think a generator like the Onyx+ 8 or Integra 10 could run two torches at the same time ? Like I said , I have 2 5lpm machines now and could just run those with each torch ... but their old and I would love to have a "new" machine, with warranty, that could do both and store away to others for backup or demo's. Thnx again Mike