Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : My soon to be studio!

AmandaL
2006-10-11, 2:26pm
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/Chloe0703/frontofsunroom.jpg

Hopefully my studio will be done soon. This is the end of the new sunroom where my craft area will be. I need to come up w/ a workspace for my torch..any good ideas? I think it will maybe face the left side windows-facing the front porch and yard. I also have a 6x3 ft workbench for metalworking. Looking for ideas of how to arrange or just any general thoughts from anyone.DH will run nat gas up thru the floor from basement.
Anything that any of you are glad you did in your studios or any regrets? Looking for any and all ideas!!
Thanks!
Amanda

Livonia Glass Studio
2006-10-11, 5:39pm
Oh wow! Your own gallery.... all the neighbors can watch and drool! Hope it turns out just the way you want.

Wiley
2006-10-11, 6:56pm
Wow! Great space! I love all the windows -- I've taken over 3/4 of our one car garage. I love it but there is no natural light.

Post lots of progress pictures -- I love seeing other studios!

jhana
2006-10-11, 7:30pm
Your studio is a lot like mine.
I have a sunroom on the front of my house with 6 windows on it.
The space is narrow and long so I set up a galley
style workspace. (8 x eighteen)
Until I get a freestanding studio in the back 40 this has to do.
One good thing is that there is a door to the inside of the
house down at the end and a door to the outside directly across from it.
So- I can close off the studio from the rest of the house, completely.
The bummer is that for now, the studio is at the entrance to my house.
Oh well, better that, than nothing.
Is your room open to the rest of the house?
I can't tell what is on the wall you are taking the picture from.

lenora
2006-10-11, 8:40pm
Look at all of those windows!!! You lucky, lucky girl. I have one tiny little window that I use for my exhaust ventilation. I would love to have a few more windows!!! It looks great!!!

beadygirl
2006-10-11, 9:53pm
It's PERFECT! That's exactly what I would want! Lots of windows! Keep us posted! congrats and good luck!

AmandaL
2006-10-12, 5:52am
jhana,
I think the room is 8 x 24? There are 6 windows along that right wall where the metals bench will go-installing a glass door at the end (down by where i was standing) for access to the courtyard going to the backyard. Then to my left will be french doors that can be closed off that go to our living room.Ya-it's pretty long and skinny so galley style is bout all I can do.
Need to figure out window coverings-Don't like the feeling of the neighbor to our south staring at me-lol.
btw-how loud are squirrel cage fans outside? That neighbor "doesn't like noise" so I am paranoid...
Here's a pic of the torch area from outside-it's facing the front porch-also part of teh big project...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/Chloe0703/torchareafromexterior.jpg

Libby L.
2006-10-12, 5:52am
Wow it's going to be beautiful! I am in my basement and its dark and dreary. I am lucky to have the store studio, but my home studio is poopy.
Does anybody have trouble with the sun hitting the flame and you can't see it? Didn't I hear some people talking about that?
Amanda maybe you should start a post on a sunny room and torching. You might have to watch how the sun moves in the room for your set up.
Make sure you take pictures on your progress.
________
OREGON MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

jhana
2006-10-12, 1:32pm
jhana,
I think the room is 8 x 24? There are 6 windows along that right wall where the metals bench will go-installing a glass door at the end (down by where i was standing) for access to the courtyard going to the backyard. Then to my left will be french doors that can be closed off that go to our living room.Ya-it's pretty long and skinny so galley style is bout all I can do.
Need to figure out window coverings-Don't like the feeling of the neighbor to our south staring at me-lol.
btw-how loud are squirrel cage fans outside? That neighbor "doesn't like noise" so I am paranoid...
Here's a pic of the torch area from outside-it's facing the front porch-also part of teh big project...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/Chloe0703/torchareafromexterior.jpg
I was thinkin' probably French doors to the house like a conservatory!
Isn't that what they call them at English country estates?
Wow, what a lovely bright and cheerful space.
Good for you times a million!!!
I like the galley style for that space , too!
It'll be great to see it evolve as you go.
Congratulations!
For my window coverings I have the spring loaded cafe' rods, with light weight curtains that cover the lower half of the window, so I can have plenty of light without feeling stared at.
The trade-off for the light fabric on the curtains is that you can kinda' see
through them at night.

BarbC
2006-10-14, 5:17am
Libby, you home studio is poopy? You cannot complain when you have 2 studios!!!

BarbC
2006-10-15, 1:56pm
Opps, forgot to say that your studio is going to be great!

Glass Monkey
2006-10-16, 7:49am
I think it’s going to be a great place to work, with all the windows you’ll feel as if you’re working outdoors.

*MAR*
2006-10-16, 11:40am
Great space! For your window coverings issue, might I offer a solution? I use this wonderful film on the lower portion of my windows, let's light in, keeps nosey neighbor's wandering eyes out! Very easy to apply, looks great, like etched glass, lets ample light shine in, in a diffused fashion, and can be easily removed.

Congrats on the space!

happybeader
2006-10-19, 8:28am
I have a friend that used the shades that you lower from the top or raise from the bottom and she really likes those. She said that they were easy to hang. You have lots of options being able to lower from the top and raise from the bottm. They might work. JC Pennys has them on sale pretty often.
Teresa