Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Hood Lighting

Deb Hopeful Journeys
2006-10-19, 11:59pm
Someone posted this past week wanting help with hood lighting. I have searched everywhere and cannot find it. Maybe it was posted in the bathroom, I have no clue.

Anyway, below are some photos of the lighting that I installed inside my hood.

Hope they help. The hood was put out for the garbage man and I swiped it. Yep, went dumpster diving, lol. I scrubbed it and painted. My hubby installed the fan on top of it.

This photo is a close up of the front of my hood.
Looking straight up the inside of my hood, from my workspace.
The next two photos I took were taken from the inside of my hood, with the camera pointed straight at the lights.
Notice the Duct tape. That is put over the inside of where the hood grill is.
My workspace and vent system.

Just Nancy
2006-10-20, 4:41am
Sorry, I posted in the bathroom because I thought I'd get some rapid response. I thought I missed your reply. I have something temporary that I hope works for my get together this weekend and then I need to do something better. We looked at similar lights. I appreciate the pictures.
Thanks for starting this here.

artwhim
2006-10-21, 9:47pm
Nothing wrong with dumpster diving, it saves things from the landfill. At least that's what I tell my kids. They still don't want to be with me if I ever stop for a "find". Great save on your part! Works for you and the landfill.
Kathy

drnihili
2006-10-22, 12:01am
We used a 4 foot flourescent ficture as the hood. Just left the two tubes in it for light.

SheilaM
2006-10-27, 10:44am
Hey there,
Nice job!
Just thought I would throw this out there-
FYI

In science labs typically florescent lighting is attached to the inside of the canopy hoods.
Drnihili knows whassup!