Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : New computer question

lilypond bead designs
2005-09-02, 6:27pm
I got a new hard drive today and it's sooo fast!! BUT.... All my book marked favorite sites are on the other hard drive! Is there anyway to get them from there to here? I'm not the brightest candle in the box when it comes to computers.

Vikkilynn

Lizabeads
2005-09-02, 9:07pm
Can't you either copy that folder or email that folder to yourself but open it on the new computer...?? ;)

firegrl
2005-09-02, 11:22pm
hi Vikkilyn!

This is actually nice and easy as long as you've got an email account somewhere. In most Windows OSs, if you open an internet browser window and click on "File" you'll see "Import and Export..."
If you click on that it opens up a nifty little wizard. Follow the instructions and select "Export favourites", then save the exported file somewhere easy like your Desktop. Once you've completed the wizard you'll have the file on your desktop, and you can email it as an attachment to yourself. Then once someone's replaced the old HD into your PC, go to your email account, detach the attached file to your desktop, then open an internet browser and follow the exact same steps... only this time "Import favourites". :)

Cathy