Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : NEED HELP with christmas candy and candy canes

marbledaisy
2006-11-15, 9:06am
Hello everyone, I am looking for tips, pictures, tutorials, and instructions, on making a realistic round red and white swirled peppermint candy, and candy cane beads..and any other christmas type bead for that matter!

I know that these should be fairly simply to make, but I am working on a hothead, and don't have the years of experience that most of you have! I did see that someone else started a thread asking for similar tips, a while ago, however I didn't get that much out of it, and need more help. I was hoping that since we are starting to get into the Christmas season full-swing, that someone might want to share some tips with me!

Thanks-lynn

jwelsh
2006-11-15, 10:37am
I KNOW JEFF MADE THESE CANDY CANES OUT OF MORETTI, JUST THE ONE ROD AND SOME HE JUST TWISTED UP A COLOR AND WHITE ROD TO MAKE THEM.. I HAVE THEM ALL OVER MY CHRISTMAS TREE AND PEOPLE IN OUR FAMILY WANT JEFF TO MAKE THEM A FEW DOZEN EACH HOLIDAY SEASON!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/SWELSH050474/Img13937_CANDYCANES2.jpg

marbledaisy
2006-11-16, 12:04pm
Those are great! Your explantion sounds so simple, am i right to ask if they are kinda like giant twisties? Scale-wise, are these about the same size as regular candy canes? Thanks for sharing the picture!

-lynn

jwelsh
2006-11-16, 12:05pm
They Are Between 3-4 Inches!

Raven Wylder
2006-11-16, 10:49pm
Thanks so much! I want to do a tabletop tree this year and these candy canes would be perfect! Hopefully they're as easy as you described.