Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : New Orleans

LadyCrow
2006-11-15, 2:59pm
Someone told me there used to be a glass store or something to that effect in New Orleans and I'd like to know where so that maybe we can go by on our next trip into the Big Easy.We are only a hop skip and jump(3-4 hours)away.
Thanks!
Margie

Emily
2006-11-15, 3:35pm
Somebody might have been thinking of Check Glass, which is run by Jan Burrows. He sells (you guessed it) the Czech glass, some of which is compatible with Moretti/Effetre and some of which isn't. His booth in the Gathering techical vendors area always has a nice selection of interesting ribbons and fibers and things for stringing -- some unusual stuff.

I don't know what the current status of the physical location is -- meaning I don't know if there is one now. The previous location was in an area that flooded.

The website is To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. but it doesn't look like it's kept updated very much.

I could have sworn that I read an update on how they're doing (it's actually Jan and his partner John), but I can't find whatever I read.

pam
2006-11-15, 4:33pm
Try the New Orleans School of Glass and Printmaking.To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

chrisann
2006-11-28, 2:19pm
Jan's shop is back open again. If you go to new orleans you need to stop by and see him he is a great guy! To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chrisann

Lizardglass
2006-11-28, 4:08pm
The School of Glass is an incredible place, They have an amazing showcase and you can go into and watch the hotshop. It's really neat. I make it a point everytime I'm there to stop in and see it. If you get a chance It's always worth your time.