Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : My new studio

jewelrybypatty
2006-11-25, 8:42pm
Well after months of waiting and making beads outside in the garage I have a studio in the basement. The room is very small but has two windows and enough room for my torch hookup and a table for my kiln. I wasn't able to take a picture of the room because it's so small. I found an awesome Rangemaster hood and external 900 cfm ventilation. I got an awesome deal at Menards it was a custom order that someone didn't want once they got it as it wasn't right. The ventilation is one that goes on the roof however that wasn't going to work so my father got it in one of the window's. He spent about 5 days working on it for me so I'm already to start making beads tomorrow. My father also created the glass stand for me a few months ago, he has been a life saver!!! Here are some pictures, I hope I did this correctly.

Megan
2006-11-25, 9:31pm
Very cool. Looks like a nice space. I love you glass stand..

Feldt's Glass
2006-11-26, 12:14am
Have fun!!!

msy439
2006-11-26, 1:02am
Good for you Patty,now you can be in the comfort of your home,nice little cozy area,your dad is wonderful to have done this for you,maybe you'll have more inspiration now,lol.
Mary

jewelrybypatty
2006-11-26, 6:39am
Thanks everyone!!!!!!

BarbC
2006-11-26, 9:47am
WOW Patty looks like heaven to me! Your Dad did a great job with the glass stand!

jewelrybypatty
2006-11-26, 10:58am
My father used an old drafting table that was not being used along with pvc pipe to make my glass stand. I thought it was very creative. His creative jeans and my Mom's I can't go wrong right. I've been making beads ok a mess with my new setup but I'm having fun experimenting. Thanks again everyone.

Just Nancy
2006-11-26, 1:36pm
Nice space and I too love the glass stand.

Enjoy.

sadiesmom
2006-11-26, 2:41pm
Hi Patty... you lucky girl you!!

What did your father use to create the surround that your ventilation is hanging from? I'm just starting to plan out my basement studio.

jewelrybypatty
2006-11-26, 6:01pm
Denise he used shelving boards not sure what they are called but they are laminated fiber board I think for the surround and under the ventilaton he used a concrete backing board over the shelving boards. The hood rests on pieces cut from the shelving boards. If you don't have a vent system yet, let me suggest you going to visit the larger hardware stores, I got both pieces for only $200.00, they retail for over $900.00 I got soo lucky I just kept checking back to see if they had any returned or any demo units for sale and there it was. The guy at the hardware store was surprised it hadn't sold earlier and you could only imagine the happy dance I was doing when I found it. It was a PITA getting the vent elbow and stuff because of the size we needed I had to go to a local HVAC and get the elbow but OMG it's soo worth it to have 900cfm I hope that's enough for this small space.

playswithfire104
2006-11-27, 9:37am
I love that stacked lazy susan thing. Is that something you found or made?

jewelrybypatty
2006-11-27, 3:48pm
Thanks Nancy, my father picked it up at Harbor Freight, he loves that store and has he found me some awesome stuff there I love it too. It has like 1000screws to put it together, thank goodness he put it together for me I don't think I would have had the patience.