Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Top Mount Marver for the Minnow

Kaleidoglass
2006-12-05, 11:03am
Anyone design a top mount marver for the Minnow yet. I want one bad!!!!!!
I love the torch so much but need that marver.
Scott, from Bethlehem, if you are reading this... Please I need the marver we talked about.

SOME ONE PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE TORCH SECTION. I POSTED IN WRONG PLACE. SORRY!

Judi_B
2006-12-05, 11:21am
Would the one shown in this link work? Scroll down the page, first item in the torch accessories.
http://www.howacoglass.com/torchpage.html
I got one when I used a hothead and now I use it on my Pirahna. The marver hooks into a hose clamp that goes on the barrel of the torch.

Cosmo
2006-12-05, 11:26am
I believe a marver that will fit a Minor will work. The clamp on them is adjustable.

Kaleidoglass
2006-12-05, 11:32am
the clamp on the Minor's marver is too large. I tried to clamp it but it wouldn't hug the barrel of the Minnow. :cry:

Judi_B
2006-12-05, 11:47am
the clamp on the Minor's marver is too large. I tried to clamp it but it wouldn't hug the barrel of the Minnow. :cry:

The marver shown above has a clip that slides onto the hose clamp. The hose clamp can be tightened down pretty small, but if it's not small enough you could get a smaller clamp at the hardware store. Just a thought.

Kaleidoglass
2006-12-05, 12:03pm
the clamp is riveted on. Trust me, I thought of replacing the clamp with a smaller one but wouldn't know how to rivet the clamp back on to the marver.
the clamp on the Minor just won't close tight enough onto the Minnow.

Marie C
2006-12-05, 12:15pm
I asked Marcie (firelady) if there's one that fits it and she said, "Not yet but there's one in the works". I bought mine from her, through Bethlehem.

Warmly, Marie C

Marie C
2006-12-05, 12:16pm
When I said I bought mine, I meant my Minnow.

:) Marie C

Kaleidoglass
2006-12-05, 12:31pm
waiting, waiting, waiting....

Kaleidoglass
2006-12-05, 2:49pm
okay, just heard from Scott. Since there seems to be one in the works by someone in our community, Bethlehem will not be producing one. So, to whomever is working on this..., hurry! I know, patience is not in my vocabulary.

RuskinDesigns
2006-12-05, 3:01pm
Try using aluminum foil to take up the slack. That is what I have done.

Mr. Smiley
2006-12-05, 3:51pm
the clamp is riveted on. Trust me, I thought of replacing the clamp with a smaller one but wouldn't know how to rivet the clamp back on to the marver.
the clamp on the Minor just won't close tight enough onto the Minnow.

I have a piece of fire proof material I could mail you. It's a woven 1" wide strip... you could wrap the barrel with it and increase the size of the barrel. I've done this on torch mounts, to keep the clamp from scratching the torch. ;)

PM me your address and I'll mail you a piece. It works like a charm. :love:

Tink
2006-12-05, 3:54pm
My Minnow arrived today. Haven't even opened the box yet.

Megan
2006-12-05, 3:57pm
Anyone know who as the minnow marver in the works? We tried everything with my minor marver and that ring clamp is just too big and the way it is welded on won't allow it to be tightened past a certain point.. Worst case scenario I guess I will use the aluminum foil but I sure wanted to nice fitting one.. :-)

Megan
2006-12-05, 3:58pm
PS - Its a wonderful torch.

Kaleidoglass
2006-12-05, 5:42pm
I have a piece of fire proof material I could mail you. It's a woven 1" wide strip... you could wrap the barrel with it and increase the size of the barrel. I've done this on torch mounts, to keep the clamp from scratching the torch. ;)

PM me your address and I'll mail you a piece. It works like a charm. :love:

I PMd you. Thanks

loopydo
2006-12-05, 7:09pm
I bought mine from generations glass and there was a marver on it. They are VERY kind folks there! I can't recommend them enough! They would know what works and what doesn't. It's very nice and solid. They are at generationsglass.com-Hope this helps.
Linda

Megan
2006-12-05, 10:26pm
Thanks for the info Linda.. Just shot them an e-mail. I am lost without it. Am just glad that the barrell doesn't get hot or I think I would have burned myself numerous times.

Megan
2006-12-06, 1:14pm
I just got an email from Generations and they said their torch top marver that fits the Betta also fits the minnow and its on sale right now also for $18 if anyone is interested.

Kaleidoglass
2006-12-06, 2:34pm
Yup, I ordered one this morning? I'm Happy!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: