Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Canon Rebel EOS dslr XTI

tiggybubba
2006-12-06, 3:35pm
Wow, what a mouthful.

I am interested in hearing honest opinions about this camera. I really need a new one and I tend to "latch" on to an idea and not stray from it. But this idea comes with a $1000 price tag. Is it worth it? I am also investigating the Canon s2/3 models. Not sure oof the price of those yet. I like the thought of being able to exchange lenses on the XTI but is it necessary? Any advise would be gratefully received.
Leslie

SuzyQ
2006-12-07, 5:55am
Ah, I just helped someone get this camera set up for a great price. Here is what you want:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=457530&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=446042&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

I think the Tamron lenses are better than the Canon lenses. The two lens deal means you now have a camera for every day use, switch to your macro lens and you have your bead picture camera.
You don't need to pay extra on the body to get black over silver unless you really feel the need to look like a professional, and... you can get a cf card for cheaper than the kits offer.

So for under $900 you can have your camera of choice with two lenses.

Go for it!

SuzyQ
2006-12-07, 6:00am
Doh, didn't really answer your questions did I?

First you are getting a camera that has so many more features you will use. The ability to control your depth of field and shutter speeds independantly is wonderful. And, yes the interchangable lenses are great. Why?

A dedicated macro lens will give you much more flexibility in your macro shots. You can manually focus which is huge if you like to have crisp clear pictures. The quality of the lens is so much better than what you get in a point and shoot type camera.

Also, as the cameras progress the lens really don't. I have the same macro I bought 6 years ago but am on my fourth camera body.

Dasi
2006-12-17, 7:10am
I just was this camera at costco for 789. I have the XT and I purchased the macro lens made for the camera.

InspirationToolworks
2006-12-17, 8:39am
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Canon Digital SLRs.

And as Suzy says, the body may become obsolete, but the lenses will not.

-Jeff

IF-Designs
2006-12-17, 9:03am
and if you are looking for good deals on Compact Flash Cards check out
www.newegg.com
they usually have some of the best deals on the flash cards ive found well consistant deals and everyday good prices ;)

Cosmo
2006-12-19, 6:35am
I have the Canon EOS Digital Rebel (the first one) and I love it. The only real difference between it and the new ones is the size and the increase of megapixels. I haven't had a single problem out of mine. Takes great pictures, and all the lenses that fit standard Canon 35mm cameras fit it no problem.

Tanner Studios
2006-12-20, 10:09pm
Heres my mantra, the camera is a box. It's the lens that captures the image. So buy a camera that has interchangeable lens. ( this was true when all cameras used the same film). In the age of digital. The box is more important then ever.
Just as confused as you.
Scott