Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Kiln Shopping Help

paintingwithglass
2005-06-11, 1:57pm
Hi! I am shopping for a new kiln...mine is just tooooo small. I need one that is large enough for paperweights and marbles as well as beads. I was thinking one of the ones with a guillotine door....do you have any suggestions???

Thanks for any help! :D

dogmaw
2005-06-11, 2:39pm
I've never had one with a door like that. Right now I have a Jenken kiln with a little side door and a Bartlett controller. It is big enough to hold a ton of beads, and it is a toploader too so I can do fusing. I LOVES it.

loco
2005-06-11, 4:02pm
Fay, I have this kiln.

http://www.hotglassbeads.com/kilnproducts.htm

Although I bought it from another company. I tried to contact the above co. but never received a reply after numerous messages. Good thing to, I got free shipping!

I like the kiln as those doggie doors don't work for me. The kilns I found with the guillotine door were out of my price range. I am very pleased with mine and I am even more happy now that I made a rack for the inside.

paintingwithglass
2005-06-13, 12:15am
Thanks for the help. I am between a few choices right now...but I really want the guillotine door...the kiln I have now has the little bead door---it is just way too small for my new work. I'll check them out at B&B and the Gathering. And then start saving the $$$.

I know paragon makes a kiln the the quillotine...does anyone else???

oneqtpieami
2006-07-26, 1:51pm
good information thanks

Dennis Brady
2006-07-26, 2:38pm
Thanks for the help. I am between a few choices right now...but I really want the guillotine door...the kiln I have now has the little bead door---it is just way too small for my new work. I'll check them out at B&B and the Gathering. And then start saving the $$$.

I know paragon makes a kiln the the quillotine...does anyone else???

AIM makes a variety of kiln with guillotine doors.

JJ Blue
2006-07-26, 3:08pm
Looks like the best choice.

I have a few kilns. None of mine have bead doors, I was looking to change the door on my SC3.

I have a question, do you have the sc3 with the bead door? If so what is the size of the bead door opening? What is the size of the bead door opening on the "garage door" unit?

That is what I would compare.

Please post if you know?

thx.

paintingwithglass
2006-07-26, 3:20pm
AIM makes a variety of kiln with guillotine doors.
Thank you Dennis. My original post was from a year ago...2005...and since then I have purchased a new kiln.

:grin: