Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : HELP!!

CCraig
2006-12-31, 11:04am
:mad: Recently after reading the threads here I have transferred my website from Homestead (where I built it and was keeping it up myself) to Pappashop because of search engin functionality.

I have however run into what I consider to be major problems. I really dislike all the templates available at Pappashop. I have always kept a certain style to my website and want it to remain and although the templates are "cute" they just arent professional to my style.

I went online in search of help... first after 3 full days of working and searching... I found a free website template that is perfect for me. It is written in css though and I know nothing about it. So..... I contacted one of the web designers on Pappashops affiliates list and they promised to take a look at my template and get back to me to let me know if they were interested in taking on the job. Well she said 4 days... a week passed and I wrote a note reminding her and another week passed and nothing.

So, I contacted another web designer listed on the pappashop site. That was over 2 weeks ago and still nothing.

I didnt realize it would be THIS difficult to get someone to help me with the site. Jeesh!

SO, now I am searching here for anyone who has CSS knowledge that would be willing to help me with this template. I have a new add in Ornament that comes out very soon now and no functioning website.

If I cant find help I will be forced to move my site back to homestead where I can do it myself.

Thanks
Cindy

i09172
2006-12-31, 3:03pm
SO, now I am searching here for anyone who has CSS knowledge that would be willing to help me with this template. I have a new add in Ornament that comes out very soon now and no functioning website.

If I cant find help I will be forced to move my site back to homestead where I can do it myself.

Thanks
Cindy

Hi Cindy,

I'd be glad to help you out with your template, if I can. Let me know what questions you have and I'll see if I can answer them for you.

Kewee
2007-01-01, 8:45am
Hi Cindy,

I too, switched to Pappashop, for a myriad of reasons including service (they've been great) and access to dozens of features I couldn't get at my previous provider. I brought my own website too, and a shopping cart, both of which I wrote myself (because I couldn't possibly subject a web developer to the constant editing I seem happily capable of). To do this, I had to take a PHP class where I learned on the first day that the use of CSS was a requirement. I took my HTML class years ago, before CSS came about. To catch up to the rest of the students (fast), I bought this book - Teach Yourself HTML and CSS in 24 Hours by Dick Oliver and Michael Morrison - and it lived up to its name. I can't say that I use CSS exclusively (old habits die hard - I still format with tables) but it works just fine for styles. In any case, I made it through the class ok (except that now I need a graphics course, sigh), so perhaps this book might be of some service. Let me know how it goes!

Lisa
www.keweebead.com