Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Penguins penguins everywhere....

TessKay
2007-01-04, 7:41am
I posted this tut over in the christmas exchange thread but not everyone reads that so Ill post it here too for those of you wanting to make penguins....

You will need: Black, white, a small stringer of orange.. and If you want to add a santa hat, red.

Make a decent sized black round bead and let it droop to one side.. leaving enough around the neck area to hold it well....

Flatten this on your marver or squish it fairly flat to form his belly....

Swipe a stripe of white down his belly and melt it in.....

Melt a pea size ball of black and add it to the top to form his head.. melt it so its on his shoulders good.....

small balls of black to form his feet.. then "set" him up on your marver to get his little feet......

Heat the end of your black and swipe it down his sides, close to your mandrel but not touching.. leaving a upturned end to make his wings.......

Place small dots of white with even smaller dots of black on his eye area and melt in........

Heres where you add his beak.. using the small orange stringer you add a carrot shape to his face.

and VIOLA! You have a penguin....

To add a hat.. dot a pea size dot of white on his head.. squish it flat to form a rim...

Then heat up your red and form a cone shape on this..... dont for get to add a small dot of white for his pom pom....

VIOLA! A Penguin:)

Sue in Maine
2007-01-04, 8:18am
I'm rating this 5 stars.

Sue

Marie C
2007-01-04, 8:34am
Cute!!! Thanks so much! Great tut!!! I love pictures along with clear and simply written instructions, as I'm a visual learner.

Thanks, again! Warmly, Marie C

comaki
2007-01-05, 8:00pm
love the change from the normal penguins that have the mandral going from head to the rear... looking forward to trying it...

tradesbears
2007-01-05, 8:30pm
cute tess, will have to try it.