Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Doing demos/tool-try-outs/vending around the country...

InspirationToolworks
2007-01-05, 6:41am
So, I'm getting my schedule ready for 2007.

Of course, I will be at the Gathering. I'm also expecting to visit Rochester
NY. I'd love to visit Las Vegas, and am doing research about the Glass Craft & Bead Expo for 2008.

I'm be interested in doing more demo/tool try-outs/vending sessions. I've started to talk to a few studios around the country, but I wanted to let people know I'm available.

In general, if I'm not traveling to the area for other reasons, I'm looking for groups on the order of:

5-10+ lampworkers together within 3 hours drive of Boston.

15-20+ lampworkers together within 5 hours drive of Boston (New York!)

40-60+ lampworkers together I can can look at flying to your location. It will depend on airfare and hotel costs.

Please send me an e-mail if interested in hosting me.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Rebekah
2007-01-05, 7:10am
Hey Jeff! My favorite toomaker man!

You really, really need to send Marjorie Langston an email about Hot Time in the Mountains next fall. Can you say tool whores? :lol:

mlangston@aol.com

InspirationToolworks
2007-01-05, 7:22am
It sounds like such a great event? That e-mail address bounced though. Got another?

-Jeff

Rebekah
2007-01-05, 7:25am
Eek! It's mlangston00@aol.com

Sorry about that. I was going off of memory.

InspirationToolworks
2007-01-06, 7:22am
Oh! I forgot to say I'll be in Traverse City Michigan this spring!

Anyone know of a studio in that area?

-Jeff

Curly Irish Girl
2007-01-07, 9:47am
Have you thought about Bead & Button in Milwaukee in early June? LOADS of lampworkers (buyers & sellers). There is a big presence of glass vendors (Arrow Springs & Frantz and possibly others). Would love to see some tools beyond graphite & brass paddles.

InspirationToolworks
2007-01-07, 2:47pm
Thanks Lynn! I've sent in a request for exhibitor information there.

I need to find out about booth fees for that event.

Also, I have learned to be careful of mixed lampworking supply/lampworker shows. It seems that many of my potential customers never get a chance to visit my booth if it is a busy show and there is no "technical only" vending time slot.

Thanks!

-Jeff

jrandrup
2007-01-09, 12:49pm
Hi Jeff,

I'm the secretary-elect for the SGB-MA (http://www.sgb-midatlantic.org/), which meets in Columbia, MD (about 6.5 hrs from you). We usually have 30 - 50 attendees at the quarterly meetings, we always have a demo of some sort, and people bring their wares to buy and sell. Wale Apparatus come to a lot of our meetings and set up shop, offering discounts. Would you be interested?

Personally, I'd like to see you at the Philadelphia Bead Fest. Last year Cattwalk had a long line of customers.

InspirationToolworks
2007-01-09, 4:45pm
I'm definitely interested!

Actually, I've been talking about it with some SGB-MA people off and on... I need to respond to an e-mail from Deborah Gibson about it.

-Jeff

jrandrup
2007-01-10, 11:47am
Absolutely get back with Deborah! She has been the secretary for 4 years, and it's a big job. She's been great, but I think she's ready to retire from the position. She can't wait to hand over her old duties to me. Our next meeting is Jan. 20th, and then I'll have a better idea of what's going on.