Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Goodbye Web Site, Hello Blog

laurellanestudios
2007-01-07, 9:20am
I decided to let go of my web site and move into the world of blogging.

Also opened an Etsy shop and love it.

Would love for you to take a look. Thanks!

www.onlaurellane.typepad.com (from there you can link to my Etsy shop)

Dana L
2007-01-23, 6:50pm
Hi Kathy,
I'm taking a website building class and the instructor is requiring everyone to build a website as a blog. He says all web sites will be heading that way in the near future. I wonder?
Dana

Karen Hardy
2007-01-23, 6:57pm
That looks great Kathy!
I loved the letter opener - very classy.

sislonski
2007-01-23, 8:41pm
Blogs are great for business and good in the sense that they are inexpensive to create, but I can't see them replacing personal websites that have their own shopping cart.

I think they are best used as a supplement to a website. But for some like yourself they might be an easier outlet. Good luck with it. It looks very nice.

I have my own coming up in a few weeks. Working on it at the moment.

Glassgoodies
2007-01-23, 9:05pm
Technically, shopping carts are just add-ons anyway so it's really not that difficult to replace a personal site with a blog. I did it and it takes a lot less time to update my blog than a regular page would. All you need to do is add a link to your store from your blog and customize them to blend. After that's done, you just log in, post a new entry and publish. You don't even have to ftp the changes because it's all done online.

Deborah
2007-01-25, 11:26am
You can use this little tool to sell from your blog, too:

http://rightcart.com/

Pretty spiffy!

Best,
Deborah

Dana L
2007-01-26, 12:29pm
Thanks for the shopping cart link. My web site is started. I'll post a link after I have something to show you!
D

tasminann
2007-02-12, 9:03am
One of the things that a regular website has that is better than a blog is placement in search engines. Because different pages have different tags (all those wonderful metas that make one's eyes glaze over), they can place in search engines better. And better placement means more traffic.

However, there are definitely blogs that receive excellent search engine placement, so it's not impossible by any stretch of the imagination. Just takes a bit more work.

I like blogs as a supplement to a website; I've seen many nice ones that draw me into the rest of the site. Although I can't see your Typepad blog, I know it's one that can be quite professional looking -- Typepad is very nice.