Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Barbara's Studio Progress....

bclogan
2005-09-16, 12:01pm
Work has finally begun in earnest on my home work area. The work items that need to be done are:

1. Clean out the room
2. Replace both windows
3. Pull the NG line
4. Install the ventilation
5. Hook it all up and torch away!

Item 1: Not going well. In fact, it seems to be getting worse. <heavy sigh>

Item 2: One window is done. This window is the important one - where the ventilation will be. Cliff (hubby) said the window that was in there was in worse shape than he thought. When he took the molding off, the window just fell out. No wonder the previous owners painted it shut! LOL

Item 3: Cliff has all the fittings and some of the pipe. We're going to get the first parts set up Saturday morning and get the exact measurement for the final piece of pipe so he can go get it.

Item 4: Squirrel cage fan has been obtained. Cliff went down to the sheet metal place yesterday and they are building the hood to go with it.

I'm going to take some pictures on Saturday morning before we get started. That way I'll have an "almost" before pictures, and then after pictures I can post.

bclogan
2005-09-16, 5:34pm
Here's the pictures. This one taken standing in the door.

This one is looking from the window towards the door.

Yup, needs some work....

aimee
2005-09-16, 7:24pm
I like your little helper in the second pic. Looks like he's ready to help go through some things!

Marie
2005-09-17, 10:17am
Me, too! Looking for a mouse! Looks like a great spot to set up shop.

I like your little helper in the second pic. Looks like he's ready to help go through some things!

bclogan
2005-09-19, 7:58am
As a reminder - the worklist...

1. Clean out the room
2. Replace both windows - DONE!
3. Pull the NG line - DONE!
4. Install the ventilation
5. Hook it all up and torch away!

#1 - Some organization has taken place. Not much, but better. I can actually walk through the room. The biggest change will happen when my glass storage unit is built - that will get rid of 4 kitty litter buckets that we currently have to "deal with" all the time.

#2 - DONE. We finished the second window on Sunday and Cliff got all the trim put back on. He was even offered a job! The house behind us is having vinyl siding put on. The guy came over and asked Cliff what contractor he worked for. Cliff laughed and told him ME! The guy said if he ever wanted a job, just ask. Thanks but I suspect the benefits aren't as good as GM pays....

#3 - also DONE! Cliff had to get into the crawl space to accomplish this, so HUGE KUDOS! Not a fun job.

We also moved a mountain of lumber down in the basement to get it off of the table I will be using. It is now sitting on saw horses. Cliff found lots of nice pieces of wood he had forgotten about, so he was happy. The saw horses are also wider than the table, so he will be able to pile up even MORE wood. Again, he is happy. The table was taken outside and thoroughly cleaned of sawdust, cobwebs, dust, dirt, etc and is happily waiting to be put to use. I have 12" marble tiles (obtained for cheap from a junk yard) that will be put on top.

This is Window #2 in progress.

This is the final "resting spot" of the table, in front of window #1.

And where my glass storage will be, once done (under the bench - yes, item #1 will need some progress to make this happen).

bclogan
2005-09-19, 8:00am
Oh, and no, no furry little helpers in these picture. Once mean-old-Mr. Vaccuum came out, they got lost in a HURRY!