Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Props to LB supply!

infernoglassbeads
2007-01-20, 12:13pm
I have to post here how happy I am! I ordered a bunch of glass during LB's sale...it came today and thank GOD that they know how to pack their glass well, because I think someone at the post office was playing football with the one package! There was a huge dent, and the box had started to bust open...and the dent wasn't on the end it was on the front...I thought for sure my glass was done!

It was all perfect and super well packaged! None of the rods were even cracked!

Just wanted to share my happy customer service story!:tigger: :koolaid:

Allie_T
2007-01-20, 5:46pm
Funny you should mention that. I got 3 boxes from LBSupplys yesterday and they were dented too. I haven't checked my glass yet (it's all in a pile of bubble wrapped bundles on my table here) but I think I will. The glass was well packaged, though, at the order only took a week from ordering to being at my door.

cherishbear
2007-01-21, 7:11pm
hmmmm~~Jon, who did you piss off at your PO????? To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. nocache%252Ftr%252Ffw%252Fsmiley%252Fsocial%252Egi f%253Fi%253D15_1_61/image.gif

angelique_redhead
2007-01-24, 3:57pm
hmmmm~~Jon, who did you piss off at your PO????? To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. nocache%252Ftr%252Ffw%252Fsmiley%252Fsocial%252Egi f%253Fi%253D15_1_61/image.gif

I don't know who he upset but they did a bang up job. My 3 boxes were crumpled too. However, since his packing rocks only one stringer of grass green that worked it's way though 3 layers of plastic was broken. Jon is awesome! Angelique

Allie_T
2007-01-25, 5:47pm
Funny you should mention that. I got 3 boxes from LBSupplys yesterday and they were dented too. I haven't checked my glass yet (it's all in a pile of bubble wrapped bundles on my table here) but I think I will. The glass was well packaged, though, at the order only took a week from ordering to being at my door.

I opened one of the bubblewrapped bundles last night and was really annoyed to see a whole bunch of broken rods. Perhaps putting more bubble wrap might help since the postal service employees appear to like to throw the boxes around. Not all the rods in that bundle were broken but many were. I am scared to open all the other bundles now. So pissed off about the condition the boxes arrived in. UGH!

Edited to add: I am absolutely NOT placing any blame on LBSupplys. Perhaps more bubble wrap is needed since the PO obviously uses our packages as footballs (the European variety of football).

jonsglassshack
2007-01-25, 7:23pm
Hi Allie, Boy I am very sorry that they played football with your boxes. I just PM'd you to get a list of the broken rods to replace for you. Thank you for not placing blame my way. Just a heads up for you.

I would like to add, I do ask you all to place INSURANCE on the orders in case somethjning like this happens, that way you are sure to be reimbursed, covers the your glass order and keeps the price of my glass LOW for you.

Thank you for this post, Jon
I opened one of the bubblewrapped bundles last night and was really annoyed to see a whole bunch of broken rods. Perhaps putting more bubble wrap might help since the postal service employees appear to like to throw the boxes around. Not all the rods in that bundle were broken but many were. I am scared to open all the other bundles now. So pissed off about the condition the boxes arrived in. UGH!

Edited to add: I am absolutely NOT placing any blame on LBSupplys. Perhaps more bubble wrap is needed since the PO obviously uses our packages as footballs (the European variety of football).

Allie_T
2007-01-25, 10:23pm
Hi Allie, Boy I am very sorry that they played football with your boxes. I just PM'd you to get a list of the broken rods to replace for you. Thank you for not placing blame my way. Just a heads up for you.

I would like to add, I do ask you all to place INSURANCE on the orders in case somethjning like this happens, that way you are sure to be reimbursed, covers the your glass order and keeps the price of my glass LOW for you.

Thank you for this post, Jon

I appreciate your offer, Jon. It's glass. Most is usable and the rest I can use as frit. I am, in absolutely no way, blaming you at all. I don't want you to feel obligated at all. I just wish that the postal service would bloody read the labels... FRAGILE, GLASS etc. They seem to ignore it all. I send out tart warmers that are very fragile and I am always worried about them breaking. I see how they handle boxes. It's annoying. We should all complain. Please, Jon, don't think this will stop me buying your glass. Your service is fabulous. Your speed in fulfilling orders is wonderful. You have great CS.

NLC Beads
2007-01-25, 10:30pm
Jon is the bomb. :) (And Renate, and the backup crew...)

danelady
2007-01-26, 8:41am
Lets face it! This is one AWESOME group of people here!:waving: Jon is the bomb. :) (And Renate, and the backup crew...)

Allie_T
2007-01-26, 2:23pm
Oh, Lynnie. I blame you entirely for getting me hooked on Jon's LB Supply website with all your raves! LOL :waving:

danelady
2007-01-26, 4:16pm
OK I accept full responsibility..... but I was right wasn't I?:waving: LOL Oh, Lynnie. I blame you entirely for getting me hooked on Jon's LB Supply website with all your raves! LOL :waving:

Allie_T
2007-01-26, 5:28pm
OK I accept full responsibility..... but I was right wasn't I?:waving: LOL

Too right, you were. Like I needed somewhere else to feed my glass addiction LOL

mtnlaurel
2007-02-15, 3:38am
I was dealing alot with the PO and a friend of mine who works there told me I would have less damage if I didn't put Fragile on the package- can you believe that??? Apparently there are people there who will intentionally treat those kind of packages rougher. Sad but true! I know that a glass company can't not put it on for insurance purposes, but it may explain why so many packages look like they have been in a football game. :-)

beadysam
2007-02-15, 4:32am
I agree, NEVER put fragile on a package if at all possible. I have had many posties say that its just like a red flag to a bull...

Carols Glass
2007-02-15, 9:11am
After reading all the horror stories, I expected my packages from lbsupplys to be all beat up, but they came in very good condition all the way from the west coast to the east coast. I just looked at the boxes and they don't say fragile, they say in big letters, GLASS - HANDLE WITH CARE. I don't know if them being insured made a difference or not, but I just had to get insurance after reading some of your posts on here.
The excellent packaging and wrapping of the bundles of glass makes me think that these postmen must be stomping on them or running over them with their cars in order to get any breakage!
I so appreciate the extra mile that you take, Jon, in cleaning the glass before shipping. It shows!

danawana
2007-02-18, 6:25pm
I just got a big box, all smashed on the ends, but only one break. I expect a lot more breakage than that. I think it's the PO, when they see "Fragile", but no insurance stickers, they throw it around to try to upsell their insurance. They figure, One broken package, and they are guaranteed 2 more people (shipper and shipee) who will always get insurance from then on...

CO_Phantom
2007-02-20, 6:22pm
Sometimes I think they throw it around even with insurance. When you put in a claim, they keep the item so if it's only slightly damaged you have to figure is it worth being out the item AND the cost of the shipping that damaged the item? Had that happen with some cookie jars I'd gotten on ebay. They only refunded the receipt amount (had to have a receipt to show how much I paid for it) less shipping. So I would have been out the cracked cookie jar (hard to find) AND the $8.00 it cost to ship it to me. I was annoyed.

But LBSupplys does pack the glass really well.. My order had a bent in box and I feared the worst, but only 1 rod broke. And the free glass was soooo pretty!!

-Amy

infernoglassbeads
2007-02-21, 12:52pm
...They only refunded the receipt amount (had to have a receipt to show how much I paid for it) less shipping....

-Amy

Does anyone else think it's a little effed up that the USPS doesn't refund the shipping, too...the exact service they are providing and screwed up on?](*,)