Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Nortel

river1951
2007-01-27, 7:45pm
Would like everyone to know this thing that happened to me- I bought a Nortel major burner on Ebay- I didn't like the way it ran, I sent it to Nortel, asking them to fix it. It came back yesterday, cleaned and polished and working like new. Get this- No charge!
I told them the exact circumstances and they still stood behind their product.
Now that is fabulous customer service.

squid
2007-01-27, 7:50pm
that's fantastic!

Allie_T
2007-01-27, 8:02pm
That is fabulous CS. Good to know. I just got a Redmax and have a Minor too so I am glad to hear they are a wonderful company should I have problems too.

IF-Designs
2007-01-27, 8:13pm
I met the folks from nortel at the gathering they are really fabulous folks as well as the folks from GTT both companies I have had great dealings with whenever speaking with them or having professional question or product inquiries with them. Great to know the CS is excellent as well.

carolanne
2007-01-28, 5:59am
Would like everyone to know this thing that happened to me- I bought a Nortel major burner on Ebay- I didn't like the way it ran, I sent it to Nortel, asking them to fix it. It came back yesterday, cleaned and polished and working like new. Get this- No charge!
I told them the exact circumstances and they still stood behind their product.
Now that is fabulous customer service.

They are a small company with only one person taking all the orders and one person pulling, packing and shipping them, so sometimes it does take a little time to get product - Torches are handmade on the premises too by a handful of people - but this is the kind of wonderful thing that they do. They are the nicest people, too, period. All the glassblowers here in Lauscha have been pointing out the clean burning corona and flame on my mid-range plus and are very impressed by the reasonable pricing. I finally hooked up the mid-range plus they made for me a couple of months ago because it just felt like the right time... You can even light the minor burner perched on top of the Mid-range just by turning on the propane and vice-versa. It's nice for making big hollows with stringer decoration...switching back and forth between flames is so easy! :-)

Jody Lee
2007-01-28, 11:06am
They are a major help to me - I met the guy who built my torch, and they set me up perfectly! A great bunch, and they really appreciate their glass people too. I ordered my kiln from them on Thursday at 4:30 and it was here by 1:30 the next day. Great service!

JJ Blue
2007-01-28, 11:39am
Peter, Jean and the Gang are the Best!

They did the same for me when I bought a major on Ebay.

If you ever have a chance to visit there operation you too will fall in love with them.

Jerell Skirboll

Jean will you be in Tucson?

SadiesJewels
2007-01-28, 1:10pm
I had a problem with my minor and the same wonderful service ... If they can unblock mine they will refund me what I paid for the new torch end - can't ask more than that!

Great company - wonderful customer service. I had a nice chat with whomever I spoke with!

Sadie

danelady
2007-01-29, 2:46pm
Hey guys how do I contact them? Mine needs cleaning too!I had a problem with my minor and the same wonderful service ... If they can unblock mine they will refund me what I paid for the new torch end - can't ask more than that!

Great company - wonderful customer service. I had a nice chat with whomever I spoke with!

Sadie

born2snooze
2007-01-29, 4:09pm
I love going there to shop for everything. It feels like home. My husband had to drag me out sometimes. :D

ellyloo
2007-01-29, 4:54pm
I need to go again. :)
Last time I was there, I bought a TON of stuff (kiln and hot head and glass, Oh My!) and came away with a treat bag of freebies.

And it's just too easy to sit and visit. :)

carolanne
2007-01-30, 12:14pm
Hi!

Jean told me that she will be in Tuscon and working for Mike Frantz while she is there!

So drop by and please say a big hello to Jean from me!

Best,
Carol Anne

Their phone number can be found on the web under To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. - I think - I have it written on the desk blotter at the glass hutte...

richsantaclaus
2007-02-02, 11:08pm
I too had Peter fix my problem on my minor part of my major/minor torch. They are SO good to their customers!!!!!

Trey Cornette
2007-02-08, 7:50am
I sent Nortel an email to there support address on 2/5 about buying a replacement part for my extra Major burner and have yet to hear back from them. Hopefully they will respond soon.

SadiesJewels
2007-02-08, 10:06am
Perhaps you should call them Trey? Some people are not email people (and some are not phone people - like me, so I have to bite the bullet sometimes to make a call).

Sadie

carolanne
2007-02-08, 1:02pm
I sent Nortel an email to there support address on 2/5 about buying a replacement part for my extra Major burner and have yet to hear back from them. Hopefully they will respond soon.

Dear Trey:

Please give them a call. Also, Jean was in Tuscon working in Mike Frantz' booth. Jean only has her email at home, not at the factory as far as I know, so she goes home after work every day and checks her email.

Kind regards,
Carol Anne

Trey Cornette
2007-02-12, 5:31am
Well it has been a week and still no reply from Nortel. I don't know why they even bother to put E-mail addresses on their website if they are not going to respond to them. I have sent 5 separate emails to the three addresses posted in the contact section of their website and it has been a week with no response.

Jody Lee
2007-02-12, 8:59am
I have found they respond much better to calls.

FlameFilly
2007-02-12, 10:27am
Sometimes emails get bounced for whatever reason. One of my email accounts gets bounced alot I've noticed, I'm wondering if that domain name is on a spam list or perhaps my server is sending out infected mail w/out me knowing it.

Anyway I've run into many issues with emails never being recieved lately so that may be whats happenning to you. I'd just pick up the phone and call.