Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Plop the Penguin Tutorial

greenbeadenvy
2007-01-29, 9:57am
Hello fellow beadie peeps. I have written my very first toot and wanted to share it with you. I am not too sure how I should do it,so I shall post the link to it and hope I have done the right thing.
http://www.beadenvy.co.uk/e-bay/e-bay%20penguin-tutorial.htm

I would love to see what you make.

Michelle Walsh
2007-01-29, 9:59am
This is wonderful! Excellent tutorial!!

I need pictures...lots of pictures.....lol

~Michelle

Just Nancy
2007-01-29, 11:56am
Nice job. Makes me wish I could make it out to my torch.

Thanks for posting it.

Marie C
2007-01-29, 1:37pm
Great Tutorial!!!! Thanks, Emma!!! Love the humor :). Can't wait to try my hand at this cute penguin.

Thanks again!

Warmly, Marie C

Gelly
2007-01-29, 5:48pm
Excellent tut and very entertaining!

barbbbeads
2007-01-29, 9:46pm
Very cute! thanks so much.

SuzFromOz
2007-01-30, 12:22am
Great tute, Ill have to give it a try !

greenbeadenvy
2007-01-30, 1:16am
Thanks guys, I really enjoyed writing it. Now lets see some pictures of what you create.
Em xx
p.s not you Gelly, with talent like yours you don't need to try it! your pigs are the best! Unless of course you can make a pig in a penguin fancy dress costume:D

perlienne
2007-12-16, 11:36am
hola, the link to that tutorial didn't work any more, so I found it here:

http://www.beadenvy.co.uk/penguin-tutorial-pictures.htm

I especially loved to see the gallery with all those different penguins!
great tutorial thanks alot Emma!:cool:

theglasszone
2007-12-16, 11:57am
Emma - that is so very adorable!!!! I just love him....

Can I ask a question regarding the "Fish in Ice Cube" through? Did you make a murrini cane to add the fish? It sure is cute!!!! Or did you just create it on a 1/2 cube and then encase? If you want to keep it your special secret, I understand...just wanted to let you know I thought it was so very cute, too!

DeAnne in CA

squid
2007-12-16, 12:30pm
weird - when I click on the link it says it can't be found.

Beadbug
2007-12-16, 12:34pm
It did the same thing to me try the link on the lower post. Great tut!

Just Nancy
2007-12-16, 3:15pm
I think this was one of the tutorials I have on my links page. (When I was thinking I'd collect a list of my favorites.) Looks like I may have to find a way to edit that page.

greenbeadenvy
2007-12-17, 5:23am
Emma - that is so very adorable!!!! I just love him....

Can I ask a question regarding the "Fish in Ice Cube" through? Did you make a murrini cane to add the fish? It sure is cute!!!! Or did you just create it on a 1/2 cube and then encase? If you want to keep it your special secret, I understand...just wanted to let you know I thought it was so very cute, too!

DeAnne in CA
LOL of course I don't want to keep it a secret silly!
Hmm let me see now.....I make them in two different ways. One is to make a little goldfish and then encase the whole thing. The other is to make a cube and then add the fish using stringer/rod what ever is to hand really. I add an orange dot and melt it. Then using a pick or orange stringer I drag the dot up at the top to make the top fin and the same at the bottom and at the front for his lips/nose??thing. Then add a smaller dot behind the first one and drag to create a tail. finally add eye. You can leave it like that or encase for a real under water feel to it. For a more elaberate fishy why not layer the dots before dragging. Maybe a yellow dot(melt in),then a blue dot(melt) then an orange dot stacked one on top of the other.This gives a more angel fish kind of look.
Make any sense?.....thought not LOL
Em xx

greenbeadenvy
2007-12-17, 5:26am
Sorry about the link. I re-jigged my site and forgot to tell you all the new page link:oops:

Here it is http://www.beadenvy.co.uk/penguin-tutorial.htm

theglasszone
2007-12-17, 9:46am
Oh, Emma, thank you so much - for everything!!! You make it sound so easy!!!! I'm so inspired...I might even just go give it a try...of course, no begging to post results (necessarily) - heaven knows what it will end up looking like!!!! Ha! But still, i really appreciate you sharing and updating the link!

Happy Holidays, everyone!
DeAnne in CA

Carols Glass
2007-12-17, 12:46pm
Thanks for this tutorial. It looks like lots of fun!

greenbeadenvy
2007-12-20, 11:05am
You're welcome DeAnne, I do hope you have fun with it and maybe even send me a picture or two of your finished Plops.
Em xxx

afina
2007-12-28, 12:49pm
Hello Emma!
What a nice tutorial! Thanks a lot! I made these following it:
http://www.glasperlenwerk.at/images/stories/pinguine.jpg
Regards, Verena

theglasszone
2007-12-28, 8:35pm
So CUTE, Verena!!!!

De~

jgraff
2007-12-31, 7:32pm
What a great tutorial. I finally made a sculptural bead that you can recognize!

My penguin apparently is at a fashion show.:biggrin:

Dragoneyes
2008-01-01, 4:46pm
Hi everyone, I just sent Emma xx a post showing her my penguin but a little background. My wife Jan and I (Steve) took a class at Arrow Springs last August and got hooked. We haven't made any fancy beads yet but we keep practicing. Looking at the tut threads I saw the penguin tut and thought I might try it and I did the night before last. So here it is. I called it What Me Worry because I made the eyes I think to big, but what the hay it adds to the personality. I have really enjoyed the threads and will subscribe. I think it came out good for the first one.:eek:Thanks for listening. Steve98948

theglasszone
2008-01-01, 9:05pm
Very cute, Steve! I love the way you photoed it on the ice cube...is it real? Maybe you should make a "glass" ice cube in clear (or maybe with a little frost, too!) just to display it...! Aren't these generous folks wonderful!?! I'm absolutely in heaven here!!!

Thanks for sharing - now try MORE sculptural stuff - I think you're a natural!

(And if you don't mind me saying, just a little tip on making eyes, from my personal experience...here's a method that works quite well, and helps to minimize the size of the pupil, or help "control" it a bit better:

First, I use Intense Black Stringer for pupils - it's a little pricey, but it goes a LONG way.
Second, it appears you're using the stacked dot method; here's what I do (same method, modified):
1. Place dot of white at each eye location. Melt in somewhat (not all the way) and flatten just a bit with a marver.
2. Place dot of transparent color over white. Match volume of white with this dot of transparent color as closely as possible and melt in; this will leave a very small ring of white around the color, but avoids that "dear in headlights" look - unless that is what you're trying to achieve (giggle!) I think, from looking at your penguin guy, you've to this part down perfectly.
3. Place a large dot of clear atop the the transparent color - this can be on the larger side, which will act like a lens a bit and don't melt it in, but melt it nearly "round".
4. Here's the trick! Take your Intense Black Stringer, and put a very small dot atop the clear where you want to pupil to be. Yes, this means putting the pupil on top of the clear! As you melt in the dot of IBS, it will spread a bit, which you can control to the size you want.
I struggled with making "equal" and "neat" looking eyes on animals and critters until I tried this "pupil on top" method - it was reviewed in Sharon Peters' booklet...I'm very happy with it!)

Take care and keep showing!
DeAnne in CA

greenbeadenvy
2008-01-03, 5:58am
Hmmmm on top of the clear you say....... I will have to try that one myself!

Great Penguins guys! Don't forget to send me your pictures if you would like your penguin to join the parade. I just love the fashion model =D>