Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Please give me some input on new website!

wired
2007-02-02, 7:02pm
Hi, to everyone. Finally, after two long months, my website is up and functioning.

I would really appreciate it if anyone/everyone could give me input on it.

Thanks in advance,
Wired - Jerri

www.firedandwired.com

Deborah
2007-02-02, 7:58pm
~very~ nicely done - it's a beautiful site.

wired
2007-02-02, 8:21pm
Thanks. Do you think it has the "pop" that's been discussed here that will keep customers on the site long enough to look? Any other input.

Positive criticism is welcome, as well.

Thanks
Jerri

Deborah
2007-02-02, 10:57pm
Hi Jerri,

You might want to go in and add titles to your pages so you have a better shot at search engine placement. For example, they all say Fired and Wired right now - add some other text in there. Does that make sense?

You really did do a beautiful job on the design of the site.

At some point you might want to add in information about your return policies, etc.

Best,
Deborah

yeepers
2007-02-03, 7:35am
It's lovely - nice and clean. Soothing colors. My only "complaint" is that I have to click too many times to get a large pic of the items for sale. I do believe that studies have shown that the less number of times a person has to click to see something they want the more likely they are to buy. Your product pics are too small to grab my interest b/c I can't see detail and, honestly, I don't have the patience to look for links to larger pics. Blame it on the internet and instant gratification.

Otherwise...really pretty.

-Yee

Solana
2007-02-03, 7:51am
Beautiful site! I love the colors the layout and the design!

I agree with what the others have said; include titles on the pages and the fewer clicks to anything the better.

I only have two suggestions:

1. Your contact information. If the address and phone number displayed on your pages is for your home, I would remove it. It can be cataloged by spambots and you may receive unsolicited phone calls and/or snail mail. Plus, it's always safe to not display your personal information on a website. I would set up a PO Box if you wish to post that information online. Otherwise, just leave a link to your email address or a contact form.

2. In your catalog, I would reorganize the "view matching earrings or necklace..." and "more views" links to make the "more views" link the first one. If a user is looking at a particular item, they'll most likely want to see more images of that item before clicking the links to see matching items. I know I mis-clicked a couple of times, assuming the first link was the one to the additional views of the item.

You really did a great job on the site! I really like the simplicity and the images of your items are great!

Good luck!

wired
2007-02-03, 9:06am
Thanks for all the input.

I do have the address as my post office box for that reason and insurance purposes. There is nothing, not even a phone number linked to our home.

One question I would really appreciate honest answers to. Are my items overpriced? I only use fine silver, gems, etc. and many items every link and clasp is handmade. Just don't want to scare the customers.

DH and I are leaving on a cruise this week so it will be a few weeks before I get the nerve to tackle other things. Thanks again for the suggestions!

CCraig
2007-02-04, 9:02am
Your websits is beautiful I do have one question though. You say you only use fine silver.... is it all fine 100% silver or, are some of the beads sterling? I personally dont think the pieces (I only looked at bracelets) are overpriced if it is all "fine" silver.