Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Olympus Evolt 500

Dale M.
2007-02-10, 11:04am
Anybody out there using the Olympus Evolt 500.... Do you like it, or hate it....
Would you buy it again if given the choice?

Dale

Dale M.
2007-03-04, 10:21am
Well thanks anyway.....

Dale

pipyr
2007-03-04, 8:30pm
Dale! Is that the newer SLR? I have the E-300 and I LOVE it!! Lenses are nicer than most that come in kits and the controls are very intuitive to use...It has all the features you could need, too...and all for a great price!! :D

DenetianGlass
2007-03-04, 10:24pm
Sorry, Dale, didn't see this before.

I have one and love it! Got the kit with two lenses that Costco sold, best price I found when they offered them with a $100 rebate. I researched on a lot of the various photo sites, and decided I wanted to go with Olympus. I chose this over the next one that had the tilting screen because that seemed like one more thing I might break.

Took me a bit to get it all dialed in, but now it's easy to go thru the menus to figure out what I need, and was pretty intuitive. I would definitely buy it again!

kathleen milligan
2007-03-05, 6:26am
I recently bought the Evolt 500 but I have to monkey with settings and read the manual- the instore pic of beads was very good I thought. With pix taken at a child's birthday party this weekend- I kept just missing great shots due to a maddening delay- DH says I just needed to to adjust something but I don't know the camera at all yet. For this camera, I only really care about how to take nice shots of beads. The only other thing I dislike (well, hate) is that to focus there is a flat knob on top of the camera that you use your pointer finger to turn, and I'm used to a SONY where you focus with the thumb on a toggle at the top right but facing the user... but I'm hoping that I'll get used to it soon. I usually accept and get accustomed to whatever technology is handy, but we'll see. Maybe I'll need to trade with somebody for a Cybershot!