Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Favorite frits for 104 COE glass?

mandyjw
2007-02-13, 1:48pm
The time has come when I need to get some frit to play with. I don't know where to start. What brands or colors are your favorites? What are the kinds you can use with 104 COE glass?

daisydog7
2007-02-13, 3:32pm
I only use Moretti glass (104). My favorite frits are from beadgoodies.com. They are wonderful, the colors are so good, and there is lots of choice. That website shows lots of great examples of what the frit will look like on various beads. The frit isn't the same COE as moretti, so you are cautioned not to overuse it. I use it as I please (carefully) and have never had any problem with it. Pam

Hayley
2007-02-13, 3:58pm
I love Glass Diversions - Robin lets you pick your own sampler! The frit is 96 COE but while use sparing (and you don't need much), most people use it with Moretti.

Tannise
2007-02-13, 4:11pm
GGGlass.com carries a line of coe 104 frit. Gail creates the blends and they're gorgeous. My fave is called "my new fave" - a beautiful soft water color look with lots of pinks, greens & pale blue. Color examples are on her website.

fritobsessed
2007-02-13, 4:20pm
My personal favorite supplier of frit blends is Spiral Dance Glass because of the "insane" number of available frits as well as an amazing artist gallery that shows the frits in use. Second place would go to Val Cox and I see that her sister is now going to be selling her "vintage" frit blends for her. She has amazing customer service and has done an amazing job with her blends and giving tips/tricks on them on the wetcanvas forum.

artwhim
2007-02-13, 9:37pm
I was a bit overwhelmed when I first started looking for frit. So many vendors and tons of blends. If you know what you would like to use the frit for (ie floral backgrounds) then you could ask what kinds people like for that specific task. If you just want to play and experiment several of the vendors offer samplers. I ordered the one from Glass Diversions because I could specify which individual colors I wanted and still get the discounted price. Some of the vendors also offer free shipping.

A small container of frit makes a lot of beads. I think the containers I ordered had 2.4 (?) oz of frit each - way, way more than just a sample.

I have come to understand why so many people consider themselves addicted to frit. It's kinda like instant gratification! Have fun exploring.

beadgoodies
2007-02-13, 10:48pm
I only use Moretti glass (104). My favorite frits are from beadgoodies.com. They are wonderful, the colors are so good, and there is lots of choice. That website shows lots of great examples of what the frit will look like on various beads. The frit isn't the same COE as moretti, so you are cautioned not to overuse it. I use it as I please (carefully) and have never had any problem with it. Pam

I'm so glad to hear you've enjoyed the frit you've received from me. :D I'm flattered!

You can use up to 20% of frit on a bead and be okay -- as long as it's not Check glass. That stuff will crack with frit no matter how little you use. I use primarily Effetre also and have never had issues and I make a lot of beads!

Candy