Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Picture Help Needed!!...website Thru Geocities

kellyp82
2007-02-19, 11:19am
Hi,
I have a site thru Geocities and people have told me that is takes
along time for my pictures to post. When I check the properties of the
pictures they are way to big. Does anyone know how I can change this?
I'm really new to all this and not to great on the computer so make
it as simple as possible! :wink:

I really appreciate all your help!
Kelly

www.KellysKreationz.com

Donna*Jo
2007-02-23, 1:44pm
I resized the one causing most of your problem to various sizes for you just right click and save the one you want and upload it instead.

Hope that's what you was looking for ;)
I use Microsoft Plus 9 and there is a place to format your images to any size you want. If you have Paint you can still do this.

Open your image in paint. Go to the top and click on Image. Then pick Stretch/Skew. Under the boxes for stretch change the percent to a smaller than 100% to make smaller larger than 100% to make larger. Adjust as needed for the sizes you want. Make sure to save as whatever name you want. Forgot to add whatever you change horizontal to make sure to also change vertical to the same or you'll have a lopsided pic.

What I like to do is make small pics and link them to larger pics so the page can load faster.

Example take large pic and name clownfacelarge.jpg
then make a smaller version and name clownfacesmall.jpg
Then I upload the small pic on my main page. And upload the big pic on it's own page and link the small pic on main page to your big pic's page. Is that clear as mud? If you need more help just hollar and I can walk you through it.
If you are using Geocities Yahoo has a Free SiteBuilder that does all that for you with a few clicks.
Found here :http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/index.php

Hope this helps ya ;)