Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Knobs - Drawer Pulls

Curly Irish Girl
2005-06-12, 7:18pm
I made this tutorial for a friend that lives a distance away and was struggling with how I make the pulls. I'm sure there are MANY way, but this works best for me.

I'd post a picture of a finished pull, but when I shrink the pixel # they photos get fuzzy! Sorry!

BonfireBeads
2005-06-12, 7:22pm
Lynn~ I can't see the tutorial when I click it....What am I doing wrong? I just got an antique chest with drawers and I would love to make my own pulls for it!

Curly Irish Girl
2005-06-12, 7:31pm
Lynn~ I can't see the tutorial when I click it....What am I doing wrong? I just got an antique chest with drawers and I would love to make my own pulls for it!

The tutorial is in a Word document - if you have MS Word you should be able to open and see....I thought I read somewhere on this forum that this type of document was OK. If you can't make it work and have a FAX number, PM me with the number and I'll FAX to you.

Lynn

Jason
2005-06-12, 8:54pm
I converted it to a pdf for those who can't view Word documents. I hope that is OK, Lynn. If not, let me know and I will delete this post :)

You'll need to have a PDF viewer like Adobe's free Acrobat Reader or Adobe Reader installed to view it. (http://www.adobe.com)

Curly Irish Girl
2005-06-12, 9:00pm
FANTASTIC~~ Now....if I could only do that....guess I have to buy that software! Thanks for the help, Jason!

Lynn

Jason
2005-06-12, 9:06pm
FANTASTIC~~ Now....if I could only do that....guess I have to buy that software! Thanks for the help, Jason!

Lynn

You should always feel free to PM me any word documents that you want converted to PDFs and I'll convert them for you.

Craftylady
2005-06-14, 12:17pm
Lynn thank you for the tutorial. I am going to give it a try as soon as I get my torches up and running.

Laurie

SassyCassie
2005-06-15, 8:29pm
Lynn...I followed your tut tonight and after my first pull finishes cooking...I'll post pics...but I have a question.

My threaded rod got so FRIKKEN HOT....my bead wasn't as good as it should have been. Any tips?

Cass

danelady
2005-06-18, 9:35am
Do you have Microsoft Office (Word) It is a word.doc!
Lynnie

Curly Irish Girl
2005-06-18, 6:46pm
Hey, Cass! Just back from the Bead & Button in Milwaukee...so didn't get a chance to get back to you till tonoc. What torch are you using? I'm on a Minor with O2 concentrator. You should never be letting the flame touch the threaded rod - if that's not the case, try turning down the propane or up the O2 for a cooler flame....it will take a little longer to make the pull, but you will get there. Also try working out a little further in the flame. If you are still having trouble, PM me and I'll see if I can improve on the info! Hang in there....they are worth it!

Lynn

bazile
2005-06-25, 8:32am
Thanks lynn, I really want to try some of these...I just am not sure I would be able to concentrate long enough to make a set...Hey each of my cabinets could have a different one right?? :)