Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : best dichroic for 104coe?

Kitty
2007-02-25, 7:17am
I am not sure what kind I have been using, what do you all prefer?

I seem to get scum some of the time. It could be I didn't encase it well enough or it is reacting with another glass?

Looking for a vender-
Thanks

AlivELampworK
2007-02-25, 1:12pm
i also am interested in the best dichro for 104. :)

Jayne
2007-02-25, 3:40pm
I use the pre-fused stuff from Frantz & Arrow Springs. R4 Studios also has nice dichro, and they have a sale going on now too.

Byrdbeads
2007-02-25, 5:05pm
The prefused is less scummy since the edges are slumped but you still have to be sure to "pull" the clear to cover over the edges as your laying it down (Otherwise it will roll up and expose the dicro to your flame) and be sure to heat only the clear side. CBS is the only one I have used but there are others that are good too.

Robyn

Kikki
2007-02-25, 11:44pm
The R4 dichro (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) is the best dichro I've ever tried!

ETA Sorry, typo in the URL!

DesertDreamer
2007-02-26, 7:07am
I agree with Robyn about the prefused strips from AS and Frantz. They're the easiest to use with the nicest results (and they both use CBS dichro). I haven't used R4 yet, so I can't comment.

For the colors that I use a lot (like silver on clear), I buy 1/4 sheets from Carol & Monty (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.) and cut and prefuse them myself.

Byrdbeads
2007-02-27, 12:21am
Karen, what schedule do you use for prefusing? I have some that I need to do that with and also will a shelf with kiln wash work or do I need kiln paper? LOL I have been avoiding using it cause I have to be so careful with the edges.