Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Off-mandrel Turtle?

wetnoodle33
2007-02-27, 1:44pm
I have searched around on the forums, and I couldn't really find anything on an off-mandrel turtle tutorial. A couple years ago I was in the local mall, and this couple had up a beautiful stand full of lampworked animals and such, and the one that caught my eye was a turtle. They are now long gone, and the turtle has been smashed. All I remember was that it had a spiral shell. Does anybody know of anything similar to what I'm talking about? Even a couple pictures would be a HUGE help. ;-) Thanks!

~Ryan

Cosmo
2007-02-27, 1:55pm
Funny you should mention this....

Before this past weekend, I had made a total of two turtles. Last week we did a demo at a local university for four days. As part of the demo, the students each got to make something. Many of them made pendants. Turns out one of the biggest sororities on campus has a turtle as its mascot. So, every one of them wanted a turtle. I had to scramble and figure out what I was doing, but over the course of the last few days there I made no less than 40 turtles (I had them make the body, and then I attached the legs, head, and loop).

I actually got pretty good at it and I am going to make more. I am going to do that this week, and I'll post some photos when I do.

dragon myst
2007-02-27, 2:34pm
Thank you !:love:

Cosmo
2007-02-27, 2:52pm
Here is one of the two I made prior to this past week, just for reference...

http://www.soleiletlune.com/gallery/IMG_0012.jpg

wetnoodle33
2007-02-27, 6:33pm
Cosmo: Wow, that's beautiful! I espescially like the design on the shell. :-D

Yes, I would really like some more of those pictures. Great! I am still kind of looking for some spiral shell turtles. If anyone has any pictures or ideas on how to accomplish something like that I would be very happy. :-)

~Ryan

Cosmo
2007-02-28, 9:33am
Do you have a picture of what you are looking for?

wetnoodle33
2007-02-28, 8:00pm
No, sadly that poor turtle became broken after our cleaning lady knocked it off of a shelf... Maybe I can sketch something of what I'm looking for, and then scan it tomorrow and upload it. I think that that would be helpful. :-D

~Ryan

chrisann
2007-02-28, 9:25pm
Here one of mine
chrisann

Raven Wylder
2007-03-06, 5:14pm
Cosmo/Chrisann - those are cute turtles! Thanks for the pics, I'll have to try to make a couple for the ocean exchange.

Cosmo
2007-03-08, 6:38am
I took some photos last night, but I'm still having problems getting my camera to communicate with my computer. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Right now it doesn't.

I'll post the pics as soon as I can.

wetnoodle33
2007-03-28, 12:00pm
hello everybody, sorry i've been gone. i just started work and school is stressing me out. :(

anyway, i haven't had time to sketch something up... the turtles are more "whimsical" and not very realistic. they aren't supposed to look like a real turtle, but they still look like a turtle... do you kinda get it? science last period and my brain is fried. :D