Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Pulling my hair out-Papppashop issues Help!

Donna T.
2007-02-27, 4:19pm
I'm going round and round with my website. Hours (about 8 so far) and I've probably gotten done what someone else would have done in 5 minutes. I can't get the picture to load and even if I could, I'm not sure I'm even in the right spot to put them. I've read all the tutorials.
I do know that my asset manager is not coming up. I found that out watching a tut video. I get an error page.
I thought this site was supposed to be easy and kinda self explanatory, but I must be stupider than I thought.
If anyone has any help for me I;d really appreciate it. I can't afford to pay to have it done. Besides, I'm a true diy'er, that' why I started making beads instead of buying them!:lol:
Someone please point me in the right direction.
If you want to look at my pitiful website-www.donnatrull.com but dont laugh- you can cry-but don't laugh!!!

Judi_B
2007-02-27, 4:56pm
Hi Donna,
I pulled my hair out on that one too! You need to use the File Manager in your Control Panel. Once you get the File Manage open click on the icon for Public_html. Then click on the icon for Images. This is the general images folder and you can use "upload" there to load your images. They will then appear in your Images folder on your Admin page. Remember in the File Manager to click on the Icon, not the name of the folder. Clicking on the folder name just gets you the properties of the folder.
Hope this helps
Judi

Judi_B
2007-02-27, 5:05pm
Oops, let me try again. There is an easier way that you can load images into your general images folder. From your admin page, click on "Images" under the Web Site menu in the upper left corner. Then click on show images. There is a box for adding images one at a time. Does that one work for you? I think you only need to use the File Manager if you want to create sub-folders for your images.

Donna T.
2007-02-27, 5:14pm
I'm at such a loss I don't even know where to start with asking for help. I got a reply from pappashop and one of the things I was doing wrong was I was logged in under my temp which won't show you images or upload them. I logged in where I'm supposed to be and my file manager came up, I tried to add two bracelets to the catagory (Bracelets) but when I go to site, they're not there.
2nd problem. I've reduced all the pix to thumbnails. Now if I want to put pix on home page, it shows up as thumbnail cause that's what;s in my file manager. How do I keep the size pix separate and how do I make a thumbnail bigger when someone clicks it?
BTW, I only understood about half of what you told me to do. I recognize file manager, and image icon. the rest was Greek.
I'm NOT giving up! But it's a good thing I have very thick hair!!!!:smile:

Donna T.
2007-02-27, 5:19pm
you can load images into your general images folder. From your admin page, click on "Images" under the Web Site menu in the upper left corner. Then click on show images. There is a box for adding images one at a time. Does that one work for you? I think you only need to use the File Manager if you want to create sub-folders for your images.

I've loaded all my images into the manager (one at a time) they are thumbnail size. Can't get them to show up in website. If I was putting them in wrong place I think I would find them somewhere on the site, but I can't.

Judi_B
2007-02-27, 5:24pm
Okay, I suggest forgetting about the file manager for now and just use the upload box under Images on your Admin page. Did you find that upload box? Give me a few minutes on the thumb nail vs full size, I need to remember how I did that. Do you mind giving me your web site url so I can see how you're trying to set it up?
Off to check how I did the images.

Donna T.
2007-02-27, 5:34pm
http://www.donnatrull.com/
I'm making a little head way now. I loaded 3 bracelets and they're actually under the bracelet heading!!!\\:D/ =D> I feel like I've actually accomplished something. I've got to take a break but I'll be back in a little while to see what else I can do. Thanks for the help so far!!!!

Judi_B
2007-02-27, 5:35pm
If the image is loaded, but not showing up, you probably need to add it to your Products (under E-Store on left panel).

Edit: oops, typing at the same time.
Yeah!! Progress!

Judi_B
2007-02-27, 6:05pm
Donna,
Take a look at this tutorial:
http://www.pappashop.com/tutorials/addaproduct/addaproduct.htm
I think this may be what you need to get the bracelets to show up as products with all the details. I've been loading separate thumbnail and full size images. However, I think you can load just the full size and enter it for both the large image and the thumbnail and the program will resize the thumbnail.

jaychantell
2007-02-28, 9:01pm
Hi Donna,

If you follow that tutorial that Judi linked there, you will be able to add those thumbnails as product thumbnails instead of just thumbnails on in the category description. Its best to resize a large image, save it as a thumbnail image as well as have a large image saved to use for the large image area. The reason is because the software will not actually resize the large image, it just reduces the width and height but the actual image size is still large and that large image is what loads when someone visits the site. If you had a bunch of large images there loading a customer wouldn't stick around to wait it out.

Let me know if you need more help. We're glad to help. :)
Jocelyn

Lelia K
2007-02-28, 9:01pm
Donna,

If you are still having troubles... email Pappashop via support ticket with your phone number and times/days that are good for you and I will gladly give you a phone call to help you out. I am on Eastern time (Ohio). I will answer you and we will work something out as far as walking through the issues. :-P

Lelia