Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : finally got it back together!

Dia-T
2007-02-28, 11:11am
I finally got my work area back together. \\:D/
http://members.cox.net/roise/LampworkArea7.jpg
http://members.cox.net/roise/LampworkArea8.jpg

Used an 8 ft foling table with dark green marble tiles under the torch for a better surface. The oxygen concentrator fits perfectly under the table.
I use 2 fans in the windows, one incoming(when the cat is not in the way) and one outgoing.

The tile backer against the wall is to keep DH happy. he seems to think the wall will get too hot. More on the floor to keep the flying bits from burning the carpet, and make my chair roll better.

I even have room for a second torch when friends come over to play. And the kiln is on a lazy susan so it can turn for the other person to pop their stuff in too. The candle on top keeps the cat off the kiln when it's hot.

The gas tank will go outside once I get lockable storage for it. I hate when it walks away or the new one gets emptied for spite because I chained it down.

Enjoy
Dia

Jeanie
2007-03-01, 6:12am
Looks great! And I like the fact that your cat has been accomodated too with a lookout!

Good luck!

Dia-T
2007-03-01, 9:16am
If I don't give him and the other 2 the space they want, he will take it by force and I loose in the long run. The last casualty was a picture frame I left in "HIS" chair for too long. ;-)

kabsconcepts
2007-03-01, 5:24pm
Great space...

I love the David Bowie photo from The Labyrinth... one of my favorite movies!

Venbead
2007-03-02, 1:54pm
it looks nice but a hood/fan suspended 30 inches above your workspace and vented right out one of those windows would be a much safer ventilation set up.

Dia-T
2007-03-02, 2:02pm
I have been looking at those at Menards, just have to figure out how to wire them. I think I can hang it from the ceiling, but saw a great idea on one of the new studios posted last night where she had it attached to the side racks holding her glass. I really like that idea. It will be more mobil when I have to move my set up again. It should also hold the weight of Loki (cat in picture) when he decides it the place he "HAS" to be.

Dia-T
2007-03-16, 4:28pm
More updates:
I got some better ventilation in and enclosed the area a bit so it all goes right up the vent. I have a 600cfm blower coming soon. currently I have a fan in the window and attached to the venting which pulls pretty darn well. Did the incence test and it flew right up the vent from both sides of the kiln.

barbaracollins
2007-03-16, 5:48pm
I like the way you did that ventilation!