Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : Show us your seat!

jokersdesign
2007-03-08, 10:06am
There is a thread "Show us your arm rests!". So I got the idea for this thread.

My seat sucks and am looking for a new seat and wanted to know what others use. It would also be great if you posted what and why you like your seat and what and why you don't like your seat.

This is the seat I'm looking at getting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TATTOO-BEAUTY-SALON-STOOL-FACIAL-SPA-MASSAGE-EQUIPMENT_W0QQitemZ290090992914QQihZ019QQcategoryZ 67571QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lorraine Chandler
2007-03-08, 10:43am
WHAT CHAIR???? :-D :-D LOL

But seriously..... I decided not to use a chair. I have my bench at around 40 inches or so and I stand..I love the freedom I have. I can easily step over to the kiln, grab some glass or frit etc.
I can dance a little if a fav tune comes on, I have my arm rests adjusted so I can use them while standing and be very steady if I need to for detail work.

I figured, I sit at the computer, I sit while eating, I sit while making jewelry pieces, I sit while watching t.v. etc etc

Good Grief I thought I'd better do some moving around, at my age I need it !!

I do have a nice roll around drafting chair that is at one end of the drafting table if I need it.
Lorraine

Emily
2007-03-08, 11:19am
I use a kneely chair on wheels. Place for my butt, a place for my knees, no back. It's the only thing that kept me from slouching too much. I'd really like a backwards chair with a place to rest my chest. I saw one once, but it was like $600. Can't just turn a chair around because the seat slopes the wrong way.

cgreagor
2007-03-08, 1:05pm
I just use a stool. I don't like having wheels on my chair. If I am not careful, then I end up rolling when I do not want to. Found this out at a glass shop when using their rolling chairs at their torches.

My stool doesn't have a back so I can swivel my butt around if I need to. I do have to be careful and not slouch but I do not get more than 2 hours at a time torching (becuase kiddies don't let me!)

SadiesJewels
2007-03-08, 1:37pm
I used to torch standing up but a couple of years ago I transitioned to sitting down and getting arm rests etc etc! So, my chair is an old wooden swivelly thing that used to be my fathers office chair - I love it and so does my cat who I often have to remove before i start torching.

Sadie

desertkat
2007-03-08, 1:44pm
I just use a drafting chair that I really like and it sits on a rubber mat so it doesn't roll unless I want it to. And I find that the Creation Station (that gives my elbows and arms some support) keeps me from slouching. But I wanted to say that I saw this great gel cushion thingy on the chairs at a bead store yesterday that looked really comfortable. I have seen bigger gel cushions before that are made for wheelchairs, etc. (I'm a nurse). But this was a smaller, butt-shaped one that actually looked like it was made for an office style/size chair. They might be expensive though...just a thought!

Allie_T
2007-03-08, 6:04pm
DH just bought me a new chair for my new studio. I can use it at my laptop desk or at the torch (setting it higher).

aimee
2007-03-09, 11:19am
My chair is a sad sight. It's a hand-me-down from my DH's work. They were getting rid of it because the height adjustment didn't work anymore and as soon as you sat down, it would drop all the way down. Then when you stood back up, it shot up too. That part was fine with me, I need it at the lowest level anyhow.

Then the cats decided they liked laying in it, so now it's covered in hair that really sticks to the fabric. I just cover it with a towel when I go to sit down.

Now here's the really bad part.

About a couple of weeks ago, something happened and the whole seat part tilts way over, probably at a 30 degree angle. You can see it just looking at it. And if the tilting wasn't bad enough, it tilts any direction. So if you lean to far one way, the whole seat tips. It really scared me the first couple of days, it kept feeling like I was going to fall backwards or sideways. Wakes you up though. Now I try to keep it tipped back.

I friend is going to get me a chair from her work, hopefully this one will hold out until then.

Dale M.
2007-03-09, 7:08pm
This is the STYLE chair I have.... This is not the exact one but I like it because it keeps my back straight and If I have to I can stand up immediately to avoid flying hot glass....

Dale

jokersdesign
2007-03-10, 6:20pm
This is the STYLE chair I have.... This is not the exact one but I like it because it keeps my back straight and If I have to I can stand up immediately to avoid flying hot glass....

Dale

That is sweet dale, where do you get a chair like that?

jokersdesign
2007-03-10, 7:06pm
I use a kneely chair on wheels. Place for my butt, a place for my knees, no back. It's the only thing that kept me from slouching too much. I'd really like a backwards chair with a place to rest my chest. I saw one once, but it was like $600. Can't just turn a chair around because the seat slopes the wrong way.

Are they called backwards chairs?

I tried to search for them and didn't find anything. A massage chair like the one below is all I could find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Instep-MC200-Black-Massage-Chair-w-Free-Carry-Bag_W0QQitemZ130086273507QQcategoryZ36448QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Dale M.
2007-03-10, 8:37pm
Its "Back Chair" or "Balans Chair"...

http://www.sitincomfort.com/kneechairs.html
http://www.bizrate.com/officechairs/products__keyword--kneeling+chair.html

Do GOOGLE search for "back chair" or "balans chair" or "kneeling chair", you will get dozens of sources....

They range from $50 to $600.....

Dale