Google

PDA

View Full Interactive Version Of This Page : How's My Website?

anne071974
2007-03-10, 2:14am
I'd love your opinions on my website, especially the amount of time the main index page takes to load please.

www.annedundas.com

At the moment I'm a bit of a lurker here on LE but I intend to change that soon.:hide:

Thanks!
Anne

miahawk
2007-03-10, 2:24am
it loaded right up for me. pretty site!

I found navigation very simple, too.

cbm66
2007-03-10, 9:27am
Hi Anne, the home page was there instantly and it was very easy to navigate. I liked the way the pictures went from balck and white to color when you put your mouse over them, I had to play with that for a bit! Your work is displayed nicely and the pics are crisp and clean.
Aloha, Chris

anne071974
2007-03-10, 4:39pm
Thanks so much!:-)

Chris you wouldn't believe the amount of swearing I had to do to get those menu pic's to switch when the mouse rolled over them! roflmao :shock: I had a friend playing with them when she was stressed, she said if you move the mouse fast enough back and forth over the lampwork bead graphic you can get the beads to strobe! roflmao :happy:

sislonski
2007-03-10, 5:48pm
Very nice site. It didnt take long to load up the index or pics at all.

Janice
2007-03-10, 6:36pm
Very nice! I didn't get that roll over effect though?

I did find some of the photos difficult to see; kind of over-exposed looking.

J.

anne071974
2007-03-10, 10:59pm
Sometimes the rollover takes a little while to happen for some people, dunno why though.

I'll check the photos on my mum's computer, I work on a laptop and do the graphics etc on here as well, so my screen may be out a bit.

collectiblesbyrose
2007-03-11, 8:11am
Instant on everything here. Very nice site and nice beads! Looks like you did a lot of work on the site and it shows. Very nice!

anne071974
2007-03-11, 7:10pm
Thanks Rose! :-D

Donna T.
2007-03-13, 5:56pm
It loaded instantly for me. I loved how easy it was to navigate around. Some sites seem to send me in circles, but yours was very easy. I like the menu listing what type of beads you have, instead of just lampwork as a whole, and how many are in that catagory.
As someone who is working on my website now and not getting very far, I can tell you've put a lot of work, time and thougt into your site. Big Thumbs Up!!

anne071974
2007-03-14, 8:59pm
Thanks so much Donna!

I used Zencart, which is similar to Oscommerce but has some extra stuff. It makes it easy for browsers to get around, I really like the option to pop in next and before buttons on the actual product pages, then you don't have to go back to the index all the time.